+1

06 gtx ltd dash problem..

When I start my ski the dash...

1. Says low 12v
    2. The digital rpms do not show...only on the outer dial that gives a rough estimate
    3. I get a "t" and a bunch of random numbers on the bottom where it should say direction...

Can this be caused by a low battery? I just picked up the ski literally 5 days ago so I don't have much experience with it.. Thanks for the help !!

+1
    Has the gauge been swapped from another ski? check the charging system with a volt meter

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeker View Post
    Has the gauge been swapped from another ski? check the charging system with a volt meter
    im really not positive.. i called the dealer and he told me to bring it down there tomorrow and theyll take a look at it.. hopefully itll be a quick thing.. i didnt wanna go there not knowing what im talking about hahah..

im going to try to slide in a dealer super charger rebuild because its still under their "30" day warentee.. just wish i had something in writting from seadoo about their maintainance schedule.. i know 100% they wont go for it but its worth a try haha

+1
    matt call me i pm'ed you my number i think i know whats wrong simple fix

+1
    Matty good to talk to you, most likely i would say you have a bad battery, since it maybe the battery it came with, you need to get that SC rebuilt, then rebuild every 100hrs. it's best (if you have the coin ) to buy a spare pulling a SC is simple easy once you know the short cuts, willing to share call anytime, since it sat alot might want to keep a close eye on the carbon shaft seal, and there is two orings on the screw plugs check them for cracks mine sat alot too and both orings were cracked and ski took on a bunch of water.

+1
    The guages aren't married to the main computer.
    Somebody swapped guages and didn't match them up.

I've seen it on many skis.
    Dealership or Candoo system can fix you in 5 min.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post

not sure thats the problem it was working fine when he first picked up from dealer it appears it may still have the original battery the ski only has six hours on it . I have had the same problems he is having with a dead or not charging battery

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    Matty good to talk to you, most likely i would say you have a bad battery, since it maybe the battery it came with, you need to get that SC rebuilt, then rebuild every 100hrs. it's best (if you have the coin ) to buy a spare pulling a SC is simple easy once you know the short cuts, willing to share call anytime, since it sat alot might want to keep a close eye on the carbon shaft seal, and there is two orings on the screw plugs check them for cracks mine sat alot too and both orings were cracked and ski took on a bunch of water.
    same here man.. you got my number now give me a call.. shoot me a text... im always down for a convo or two haha

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post

i thought that too... went down to the dealer i got the ski from today and theyre replacing the battery in it to see if thats whats causing my problem..i think personally they dont want to admit that they sold me a ski with a dash not paired to the computer and more hours then what they sold it to me claiming it had.. so i called a different dealer and their tech isnt in until thursday so i want to bring it down there and have them take a look...

btw if you replace the dash will different hours pop up on the new dash?? or the same hours thats on the computer?

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
    btw if you replace the dash will different hours pop up on the new dash?? or the same hours thats on the computer?
    If you replace the dash and marry it to the ECU then you will see the hours that the dash have!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsakosgt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
    If you replace the dash and marry it to the ECU then you will see the hours that the dash have!
    yes but the ECU retains the true hours and only a dealer with buds pro or brp can change that and very few are buds pro dealers and why would they risk it

Thread Information