Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Issue with throttle on Bosch icontroll skis

We have been using the data logger for a while now.
    And found that on some Bosch based skis there seem to be a issue with the "Finger gas lever", the gas pedal.

The problem is that the sensor sometimes get bad , and don't see the 100 % demand.
    Sometimes you need to press extreme hard to make it understand that you want 100% throttle open.

In the logs i have seen 90 -97 % demand when user wanted 100 %.

There is also a "kick down" mode that is activated in the ecu when you demand 100 %, so if you press full throttle and ecu only see 95 % demand then this function is not activated..
    At this stage we are not sure exact how much this would affect performance on a ski but if it results in the throttle not fully opening then maybe it is noticeable..

We have made some test files where we have worked around this problem, we rescaled the "gas pedal" so you get 100 % demand a bit earlier.

I have uploaded 2 new files in the menu system for rxp-x/rxt-x 2012 and newer.
    If you don't see these files in the menu and want to try them then just email your vin to :[email protected]

48 8375 169 36 38 Agr 102 - 8375 rpm limiter and new earlier demand
    48 8500 169 36 38 Agr 102 - 8375 rpm limiter and new earlier demand

Please try and let us know what you think.

ONLY for Bosch based skis!

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    nice find! good to see your doing more testing, even when you dont have to.

why do the bosch skis have less timing mid and a bit more top?

That is a cool find. What does the ECU do with this bit of info? Lots of ECUs add fuel based on the amount of time that you are at WOT.

Andy

This is a important issue,
    Many chase top rpm / mph, but if the gas pedal dont ask ecu for max throttle opening then all tuning might be wasted..
    Also this mod may give better holeshot performance.

Regarding ignition advance, there are many different versions of softwares

Is the "Throttle" as recorded by a VTech as measured at the finger or at the throttle body? CMD gets the angle of the throttle body.

Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    Is the "Throttle" as recorded by a VTech as measured at the finger or at the throttle body? CMD gets the angle of the throttle body.
    Throttle in our logs is the throttle body.

A simple test that you can do is just power the ski, start logger or Buds.
    Press full finger gas, value should now be 99.9 or 100% of throttle angle.

One one 2011 rxt-x i have here i get 91% but if i pull the lever slightly upwards i get 99.9...

And customers have experiences similar issues. i see in log that throttle is not fully opened. i then ask them to press the finger gas harder and they see the difference..
    (ridiculous hard.. so your fingers goes white..)

There is of course times when the throttle should close even if you request full load but that is not the case here.

So again there is now 2 files for all free to test that have this kind of ski.
    Maybe you gain a mph

On the DBW bikes, have you ever tested the finger feed Hall Effect device output signal to the ECU?

Andy

+1
    Maybe the mechanism gets "sloppy"... Its a bit strange when you tell someone to squeeze harder!

What do you think is causing "80" degree readings on seimens or even "75" etc on full throttle? Slightly different animal but how can we remedy this?
    (Tuned or not)

+1
    Maybe the mechanism gets "sloppy"... Its a bit strange when you tell someone to squeeze harder!

What do you think is causing "80" degree readings on seimens or even "75" etc on full throttle? Slightly different animal but how can we remedy this?
    (Tuned or not)

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    correct me if i am wrong.... which more than likely i am, but wouldnt calibrating the TPS/Throttle body butterfly to read 100% open to coincide with 100% of throttle pull be easier than scaling to show 100% demand a bit sooner?

by your logic, and i might be understanding this wrong. you could conceivably have the ski operating at 100% WOT even though the actual throttle lever is only at maybe 3/4 throttle?

Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    good point andy. what is it referencing? is it reading the position of the finger throttle or the actual throttle body blade.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information