Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Thumbs up **NEW** FZR / FZS / VX Rideplate by Jim and Nate!!!

Hey all! Great news! I wanted to let you all know that I have been very privileged to be the very first to test a brand new rideplate designed for the FZR / FZS and I am sure it will also fit the VX. This plate is not a modification to an existing plate, it is a completely new plate. Jim (Jim's Performance) wants to do more testing to have all the results out of it with the different plates before he and Nate (N8R) start production.

My overall experience is that I cant wait to buy one! For now I will call it Jim's DomiN8R Plate because it dominates the competition!

First impression of the plate was wow! The casting of it was spot on, the machine work is just what you would expect from one of Jim's plates. Mounting surface was machined flat, and has that nice polished look to the bottom of it. I am not sure if they will be leaving it raw, powder-coating it, or painting it. My opinion is to leave it raw! When I bolted it in everything lined up perfectly, speedometer fit perfectly, and bolted in perfectly.

I tried several tests and for my ski the results are as follows.

Speed tests.

Day 1. (60* air)
    Jim's VX modded plate. Single shim in the front. No shim in the rear. - 84.6 MPH
    Riva plate. Stock shims. Single shim in the rear. - 84.0 MPH

Day 2. (75* air)
    Riva plate. Stock shims. Single shim in the rear. 83.9 MPH
    New plate. Single shim in the front. Single shim in the rear. 84.1 MPH (0.5 mph slower than the modded VX plate)

While doing the speed runs with the Riva plate the nose of the ski had a rhythmic bounce that would not go away and was pretty bad almost to an uncomfortable level.
    While doing the speed runs with the new plate the ski started with a slight bounce but went away as I picked up speed and became very stable! A much better feeling running at these speeds.

With the single shim in the front and single shim in the rear, I was running several figure 8's and then went back through the choppy water and the ski plowed right through at wot was not affected! The ski carved very hard and as long as I could hang on and give it gas, it was going!

Rough water test -

Single shim in front and double shims in the rear. I did not get a speed run. I ran several circles and figure 8's crossing back through them consistently and the ski didnt budge. It would carve and corner like it was on rails. Riva plate did not fair as well in the rough water and actually jumped out of the water a couple of times with less chop in the water.

I have some videos from the back to back testing to allow you to see the difference in the speed runs and how it did in the carving/rougher water and will post those up as soon as I can.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 03-11-2013 at 09:30 PM.

+1
    Nice! I would have liked to have seen a same day and modifications back to back with the Jims VX plate (since thats what I run).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Nice! I would have liked to have seen a same day and modifications back to back with the Jims VX plate (since thats what I run).
    That is the main test Jim wants to do next. we were going to do back to back with the VX plate and the new one but the other ski the testing was going to be done on, has the speedometer blocked off and we didn't want to run the plate with nothing there.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 03-11-2013 at 09:19 PM.

4. +1 by:

N8R

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Sweet! Glad I didnt buy anything yet.

+1
    Gus, I greatly appreciate you taken the time to test this plate and give a honest/accurate opinion of your results..(Nice write up) Hopefully we can get all the skis together at once to test every platform.
    The Dunedin ride will be a good test for this plate, glass,semi ruff, and the good stuff.. I know Jim wants to really put it through every condition possible to maximize it to its fullest potential. By the way you forgot to test it in superman

+1
    Unfortunately my videos did not turn out well to show the comparison of the speed runs. Wish someone from the shore line would have taken some video. Here is the one showing the carving, doing figure 8 and S turns cutting back through them at wot. I had already been riding and didnt realize the camera was not on so I was pretty worn out. You can see just how hard the ski is carving. You can also hear as I am crossing over all the water I stirred up, there is no signs of cavitation or jumping out of the water it just plows.

8. +1 by:

N8R

+1
    next time we try it on mine but i'm not driving . lol just in case

10. +1 by:

+1
    I'm curious to know how it compares in rough water to an oem plate? I want a rough water plate that doesn't give up speed vs stock

+1
    And wtf no pictures of the plate??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I'm curious to know how it compares in rough water to an oem plate? I want a rough water plate that doesn't give up speed vs stock
    Good question and I hope that everyone ask many questions that way it is tested in every way and form, ruff water testing is tuff due to changing conditions as far as gps# but a rider knows how there ski performs in ruff conditions and should be able to tell whether there is a difference in handling and or speed. Testing a stock plate vs new plate in different conditions will be added to the list things that will need to be tested. The goal of this plate is to be the best all around in every condition...

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information