seadoo guru needed !

hello to all, im currently in the market for a used ski i had a 96' seadoo xp last summer and was more than pleased with it extremely and never had a problem...but this year im steping up the game and om looking into a 4 stroke ski i think i wanna stick to the Doo cuz the previous one was great... thinking of the rxp or rxt...but i havea few questions first are there any major difference between the years ? are the newer 4 strokes as reliable as the old seadoos? ive herd a lot that the seadoo tend to sink is this true ? also that the 06' and up rxp are the better ones ? i will be riding in the bay and im looking for high 60's to mid 70's speed wise is this possible on a stock ski? pretty much what is the best used seadoo year/model to look for...
    All help and advice is greatly appreciated thanks in advance !!! and im sorry sure this topic has beat to death

+1
    Depends what you are looking for, rxp is a wet ride and good for smooth water, but a fun ski. A rxt is a little bigger will be better in chop. I have ridden a couple skis and the RXP sucks when its choppy. I also ride in miami area but you might want to venture out in the ocean too. 06 and up skis stock you will see mid to high 60s stock, faster with mods. I personally like the 06 RXTS gold/black color. However ceramic washers were installed on all Seadoos till 2008-that is where you need to be careful. Do a search and you can read all about the issues. Also valves on 06s were weak as well and were upgraded in 07 ( I could be wrong but going by memory here). 2008 might be the year to look for or one of the other years with upgraded valves and supercharger. As far as sinking you might of read that crazy thread on here.....with proper maintence and checks you'll be okay just install a bilge pump.

thanks surferd15 ive herd about the valves as well im not in budget for an 07+ rxp lol but how much am i looking at to change the ceramic washer in the super charger ? and yea ive ridden an 05 rxp and it was fun but i think i might look into the gtx or rxt just for the comfort

Anyone got more input ?!

+1
    the gtx or rxt is going to be the better ocean going ski ,in the early year of 06 is when they made the valve change from the "72's" to the "75's" valves, some of the 72's where prone to snapping off at the stem, but was still rare and mostly modded ski's, good supercharger maintenance is a key to any supercharged ski, most peps recommend every 100hrs rebuilded it, anything higher is a crap shoot,even with the new style kits, if you want a ski that is reliable with low maintenance cost, then a 155hp format is the way to go with a few minor mods they go 58 to 59 mph. most stock 215 hp will hit 62 to 63 gps'ed (never believe the dream-a-meter on the dash) look for low hours and good maintenance records on any ski you want to buy, hope this helps

Thanks idoodou that's what I'll start looking for now thanks to all that chipped in I appreciate it ! I will continue my search and see what comes up

Thread Information