Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Taking PTO cover off 2005 Sea Doo RXP 215

Can anyone please give me the steps to remove the pto cover from my 05 rxp 215, thanks in advance

+1
    Drain the coolant, from the ride plate plug, Suck out as much oil as you can, Pull the pump, drive shaft, SC'er, stator wires, thermostat housing, and hoses, pull the Left rear engine mount bracket off,(might be easier to remove the J-pipe, and waterbox first) and then all the little E-8 torx bolts that hold it to the case. Be careful when it comes off not to loose the starter drive washers, and the oil screen below the filter housing.

Thanks, so the shaft will come out when I take the cover off, correct, so the engine can stay in the ski?
    One more quick question on the front oil pump can it be pulled without being taken out of the ski? Thanks for the help

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cool34 View Post
    Thanks, so the shaft will come out when I take the cover off, correct, so the engine can stay in the ski?
    One more quick question on the front oil pump can it be pulled without being taken out of the ski? Thanks for the help
    What "shaft"

+1
    No, the Drive shaft will pull out the rear of the ski,( and the back of the motor), after u pull the C-clip off the shaft under the stainless ring. Yes the front oil separator can come off in the ski, and the front pump is inside. Although with the drive shaft out, there's only 3 engine mount bolts, and some harness connectors, hoses, and grounds and the engine is out.

Why are u pulling the Covers? Did u have a ceramic clutch failure?

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Starting to think pulling the engine will ultimately be easier. At least he won't fill the hull with oil!!

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    No, the Drive shaft will pull out the rear of the ski,( and the back of the motor), after u pull the C-clip off the shaft under the stainless ring. Yes the front oil separator can come off in the ski, and the front pump is inside. Although with the drive shaft out, there's only 3 engine mount bolts, and some harness connectors, hoses, and grounds and the engine is out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    Starting to think pulling the engine will ultimately be easier. At least he won't fill the hull with oil!!

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post

+1

Yes I did have a ceramic washer failure, but the drive gear came off at the same time and locked up the motor and shut it down, so we are hoping since I can feel the drive gear in the pto housing, that maybe everything shutdown and we avoided the other problems, just hoping, I will bringing my supercharger to Jerry for inspection and repair, on my next trip down to Baton Rouge, so your saying that the drive shaft has to come out to remove the pto cover, how about the pto itself how do and do you have to remove it to take the cover off to clean out the parts, thanks again

+1
    You really need to pull the motor it's much easier in the long run

+1
    Yes I did have a ceramic washer failure, but the drive gear came off at the same time and locked up the motor and shut it down, so we are hoping since I can feel the drive gear in the pto housing, that maybe everything shutdown and we avoided the other problems, just hoping, I will bringing my supercharger to Jerry for inspection and repair, on my next trip down to Baton Rouge, so your saying that the drive shaft has to come out to remove the pto cover, how about the pto itself how do and do you have to remove it to take the cover off to clean out the parts, thanks again
    Pull the drive shaft out, and the motor.

Will make inspection, cleaning, and those repairs a ton easier (time wise) and save the cursing for some other time. It's easier than u would think to pull it out of the hull.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information