Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 200 speedster - mods?

picked up a 2012 200 speedster last july and am loving it...but as usual i'm getting the mod bug. what upgrade options are effective on the 510hp boat? i've seen mentions of larger 4" intakes and filters, exhaust changes, sc/ic upgrades, ECU tuning, etc...but most of the recommendations appear to be for the 430hp model and don't apply to the 510hp (or appear to already be incorporated).

anything worth doing, or just stop thinking about it and enjoy it as is? thanks!

+1
    Just remember, you will have 2 of everything you do and that it gets expensive FAST!!!!! Props are the hard part to get right.....You have to spend a lot of time with them....

I sold seadoo sport boats for about 5 years. Seadoo bragged that they changed the intake tunnel and lower hull on the 510 to reduce prop spin and help with the bobble head effect on holeshot. may be a load of hogwash but thats what all the reps told us.

If I had a 510 speedster I would do v-tech tunes which would require valve train upgrades. You would most likely have to tweak the stock props to get it just right but the ecu tunes would not only make more power but the higher rpm would allow greater acceleration and greater top speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake rat RXP View Post
    If I had a 510 speedster I would do v-tech tunes which would require valve train upgrades. You would most likely have to tweak the stock props to get it just right but the ecu tunes would not only make more power but the higher rpm would allow greater acceleration and greater top speeds.
    upgrade worth the cost? what kind of improvements are we talking on the 510?

gear driven supercharger. The faster you turn the gear the more boost= more hp. If you search in the 4 stroke ski section you could prolly see how much more boost and est hp you would get from the added RPM of the supercharger

Can I ask you to make pictures of your boat? i'm especcially interested in steering wheel column that I guess now is adjustable, and also the steering rack inside the helm, want to upgrade it but want to see how is it installed there. pls share that )

Quote Originally Posted by VenomRXP View Post
    Can I ask you to make pictures of your boat? i'm especcially interested in steering wheel column that I guess now is adjustable, and also the steering rack inside the helm, want to upgrade it but want to see how is it installed there. pls share that )
    will take any photos you need once it's out of storage in april.

+1
    What do they turn for rpm stock.

upgrade worth the cost? what kind of improvements are we talking on the 510?[/QUOTE]

Well v-tech tune is what $750 each, have to go to 50 lb injectors so $200 each, and then valve train would be around $400 each. So double everything around $2700 which is a lot of coin but you got to pay to play. Power wise your basically at a riva stage 3 so I believe power is around 290hp plus the added rpm would just add performance all around. Being a bigger boat top speed isn't going to improve by a lot, maybe 3-5 mph and it will accelerate very hard if it doesn't spin to bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information