Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Good Price on a 2012 FX Cruiser SHO

Hello, my name is Paul. I have been lurking for quite a while and researching the various Yamaha models. Pretty much have decided on the 2012-13 FX SHO models, since most of the lakes in my area get pretty choppy with boat traffic. I might also try Lake Michigan/Door County when I get a chance.

Anyhow, a local dealer has a 2012 FX Cruiser SHO new for $12,400 + tax. He will include a Karavan trailer for $550. 20% off accessories etc.

Another local dealer has a 2013 FX SHO for $12,200 + tax. Unsure what trailer cost would be and probably the same 20% discount.

I would try to negotiate either model down farther of course, but this is where they are at. What's everybody think?
    Thanks.

Banned User
    +1
    To me that sounds like a good price. Where are you located? I see you mentioned Door County/Lake Michigan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    To me that sounds like a good price. Where are you located? I see you mentioned Door County/Lake Michigan
    Thanks, I didn't think the price is too bad, but still adds up with tax, acc., etc.

I'm in Oconomowoc. Where do you normally ride?

Banned User
    +1
    Im in Milwaukee. I ride LAke Michigan all the time. Probably 90% of my riding time is out there. Makes you forget about inland lakes real quick.

+1
    Hi Paul the dealership game sux. One dealer low start then prep + setup vs 2nd dealer higher but no freight or setup = same price. Shell game to me. I just bought a 2012 fx sho cruiser (1st ski + I drove 200 miles one way, local dealers didn't have what I wanted). I will be in salt so I bought a aluminum trailer $1600 triton elite(galvanized is good also whatever you like). The primary I'd of f2s803100 (on a sho)or greater has the 3rd generation supercharger clutch. My 2012 has the 3rd gen clutch. I wanted the latest clutch, I didn't really care if it was a 2012 or 2013. The ski is the same, same motor, hull ect to me ( colors changed some but so what) I wanted the best price so I went with the 2012. A 2013 was 1k more for me. Basically check out what a trailer costs, aluminum, galvanized & see where you stand. In Texas that is not a bad price to me but I can ride today. Summer they get real proud of them. My dealer wanted $1200 for the warranty, I laughed and will buy it from my local dealer at 1/2 that. This is a good board, lots of info, good luck. Pm me if you want to know more

+1
    I'll throw this in at you. Of course it makes a difference if it is a '12 or '13. A ski will depreciate and what matters is cost of ownership. Typically a ski depreciates about $2K the first year and $1K every year thereafter. That is a general rule and of course condition and hours matter. Calculate it. Either write it down or use a spreadsheet. Consider financing if that is what you do and consider how much the ski will cost every year over however long you think you will own it. That is why I don't give much account to buying used skis. At the end of the day a new ski costs about the same per year as a used one if you do the math and keep it for a couple years. And shop the world. Call dealers in high volume areas like Florida. Could be the difference in price pays for a free trip to Florida if you like that. Or, at least you have a bargaining tool if you get anything in writing and take it to your local dealer. Just be smart and don't be in a hurry. Get what you want for the price you want to pay...or wait.

BTW...In February 2011, I paid $14K out the door for a 2010 FX SHO, Continental trailer, 5 year warranty and $700 of accessories (promo), tax tag title etc. I financed it at 2.99% w/$0 down. Was going to pay cash but hell....Net future value of $14K in the balloon of 3 years is roughly $17K @ 8% (which I can average in investments). So...if you think about it....my ski in the first 3 years is owned by me for not much.

+1
    Guys, thanks for the advice.

I'm pretty much set on the new hull FX SHO, so it's hard to find a used unit. Plus, it is always nice to buy new and I agree with you Vince on the cost of ownership. I plan to get the 5 year warranty for peace of mind and for resale, should I chose to sell. Also, will check the ID to verify the clutch.

+1
    I stopped at dealer today just to kill time. Yamaha is still running the 1 year factory, plus 2 years free extended warranty promo. The salesman told me that you can purchase an additional 2 years for $400. $400 is good for 5 years total. The thing i forgot to ask is how long you have from purchase date to add on the additional 2 years.

Something you can ask your dealer about.

+1
    well as far as getting the sho vs. sho cruiser, the only difference is the seat.. which im pretty sure can be swapped out.

+1
    Local dealer here has a new 2012 grey FX SHO Cruiser with the later serial number and 2013 model clutch for out the door 12,500. Tax is extra if you are Indiana resident. Nice price from what I have found, but I bought a FZS. That price not listed on website, but Chris there spec'd it to me or anyone on here at the above price. www.maximumpower-sports.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information