+1

Lightbulb BUDGET/JUNKER ski for my friends to ride....

I'm looking for a deal here... can be something that needs some work. Prefer 96 up seadoo, 2 or 3 seat, can be rough looking as long as it floats and it's worth repairing. It will be ugly, i will be ashamed of this project when it's complete, i hope i find a pink one... I need something to let my friends ride to get them hooked on this sport. But i don't want one so nice that they want to keep riding it. Once i took a spin on a loaner ski i had to have one... I believe this will have the some effect on others. I have experience working on 2 stroke seadoos, so something that need a top end or work like that is no problem, a complete ski that's been sitting in your yard for 10 yrs is no problem. If it runs and there is duct tape on the seat it's perfect. If it needs glass/body work i'm prolly still down. I can go either way on a trailer, no big deal there. My zip is 42101, i'm willing to travel 2-3 hrs if i have to. For the right ski i could spend $6-800, but i'd like to keep this around $300 considering i will most likely have to spend a lot on parts at first...

No paperwork, no problem as long as you will provide current ID, and sign (with a notary present) an affidavit stating that to your knowledge the ski is not stolen and that you have owned it for more than 5 years and you wish to sell it to me. This is a loophole i have used for boats without paperwork here before with some hassle but much success.

Thanks

+1
    bump

+1
    check out craigslist there are usually always a deal to be had but hurry up before the weather gets better

+1
    You aren't kidding hurry up, i check CL twice or more daily and ppl almost doubled asking prices last week because we had one 70 degree day. Rough looking 96 xps for $2500... dream on...

I may be waiting will after the first round of warm weather, that perfect timing where the guys take their 2 strokes out and keep running them thinking that carb will "clear out"... consequently blowing them up and selling them on the boat ramp for $300... Hopefully i catch one that i can put a top end on and send it...

+1
    There was a guy selling a 95xp 717 "with a bad mpem" on Knoxville Craigslist. He is asking 450 with no trailer. We won't hardly budge on the price. I thought about buying it for a part out, or trading pumps between my 96xp to have an extended pump set up. And fixing it up for resale. I didn't think 450 without a trailer was worth the risk. You may wanna look into it tho. Check Knoxville Craigslist put Seadoo in the search and it should come up.

+1
    Hey dont know if you ever make road trips ...but they are banning 2-stroke skis in Las Vegas, they are starting to hit the market as a panic sell-off. I saw some very good deals (trailer & all) for under 1K. Just a thought ..... o-yah, you can take in a little night life while your @ it

+1
    I have been looking for a standup in Vegas and they are still expensive hope they come down as summer gets closer!

+1
    You can count on it ! All 2 Stokes will start to show up even the stand-ups, I think ... unless they are avid racers that ride out of state.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyne717xp View Post
    There was a guy selling a 95xp 717 "with a bad mpem" on Knoxville Craigslist. He is asking 450 with no trailer. We won't hardly budge on the price. I thought about buying it for a part out, or trading pumps between my 96xp to have an extended pump set up. And fixing it up for resale. I didn't think 450 without a trailer was worth the risk. You may wanna look into it tho. Check Knoxville Craigslist put Seadoo in the search and it should come up.
    I saw that one, I may look into it if it lasts. I currently have a deal pending on a pair of 02 GTI LEs, one is "locked up", one "runs"... If i can pull off the trade i'll only be in $1500 for the pair on a double trailer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyne717xp View Post
    I saw that one, I may look into it if it lasts. I currently have a deal pending on a pair of 02 GTI LEs, one is "locked up", one "runs"... If i can pull off the trade i'll only be in $1500 for the pair on a double trailer.
    That guy is holding out for top dollar, he wouldn't negotiate that much. Who knows it may just need a mpem. What I do know is that he doesn't have a trailer. It has probably sat on the lift year round with zero maintenance. Too Risky IMO. I offered him 350 and he wouldn't take it. I really didn't wanna pay over 300 for it. I was happy he didn't accept my offer. He counter offered at 380. I passed on it. I just wanted the pump extender, driveshaft, steering cable, and vts ext rod, to retrofit my 96xp. The pump is probably junk, being that he probably never changed the oil in it. I just wanted to tell ya he would take 380.

Thread Information