Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First test run

+1

First test run

Took the jet ski out for a test run after carb rebuild and new fuel upgrade
    Idles fine in the water about 1500 took it out for a spin ran really good for about 15min then started to notice some bogging when I would feed it some throttle brought it back to the dock for a few minutes and let it sit and idle for a few minutes took it back out and ran good for a few minutes and started to bog again have any ideas what it could be?

+1
    Was the machine having trouble before the carb rebuild and fuel upgrade? My first instinct would be going lean in the middle/upper rpm range. If you ride it again and it starts to die, try applying the choke gradually and see if it keeps it running. If it does, this is usually a sign that you're starving for fuel. Be careful not to keep riding around until you figure this out. A lean 2 stroke can go down quick.

+1
    have you checked the cylinder temperatures with your hand, are they to hot to hold your hand on ? Have you got your fuel/oil mix right. I cant see it being fuel starvation if it runs well for 15 mins as I am sure you would notice it within a couple of mins wot. I am a motor engineer not a pwc expert but it sounds to me like its the engine getting tight / Partial engine sieze. Have a look down the plug holes for piston wash and bore condition and while they are out turn the engine over by hand (battery disconected) to see if its tight.

Did you replace the fuel lines etc ?

+1
    I guess I should have been more clear. I read it as "not really feeding it any throttle for 15 minutes" and THEN having trouble when he finally did. I probably read into it wrong.

+1
    I talked to a guy here at work and told him after shutting her down I removed the seat and there was some exhaust fumes in the hull he said when he had his years ago he would have the same problem and come to find out the carbs were sucking the fumes up and cutting off oxygen could that be the case? Had some water in the hull but don't know if it was coming from the wakes coming over the front of the jet ski cuz I did see a rrubber piece missing sound the hood and the lil compartment over the gas tank and some water sitting on the gas tank (not fuel cuz I smelt it) but as soon as put the seat back on and took it back out it ran good for a while then started the bog thing who I would give WOT

+1
    The jet ski wasn't running when I bought it it sat for 3 years in his shop guy took it out a few time when he he first bought it then broke his leg and lost his job

Yes I changed the lines and did the fuel up grade all new filters

+1
    if you have access to sheltered water try it without the seat fitted. You can keep a close eye on things and monitor the temp on every cylinder with your hands. If any cylinders are to hot to keep your hand then you must stop straight away. Have you checked your water intake screen for blockages and top bleed hose filter
    ?

+1
    Where would the the water intake screen and the bleed hose filter? And do I have to put it back in the water or can I hook up the water hoes to it I took the thermostat out also

+1
    Water intake screen is clean but don't know where the bleed hose filter is

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nickflo7 View Post
    Water intake screen is clean but don't know where the bleed hose filter is
    This should give you a better idea of location, I know you have a differant engine to the link but they are allmost the same. Its part of the union that connects the thinner water pipe to the top manifold jacket. Pull the pipe off and unscrew the union, refit with some ptfe tape. Blow down the hose and check its clear at the other end thats burried down below.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...esh#post757870

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information