Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

ULTRA 250's that sat for years...

I recently picked up (2) 08' Ultra 250's. They have 3 and 2 hours on them. I know... crazy low hours for 08's. The reason they have such low hours is they've been sitting on a trailer since the 2008 season. They haven't had any use... or maintenance since then. Besides motor oil, oil filter, fuel filter(s), spark plugs, and draining the gas tank... what other maintenance should I perform on these machines? Is there anything I need to do to the jet pumps? What is the proper break in procedure and how many hours should to be on the engine before I can "pin it to win it"?

Thanks,
    Drew

+1
    make sure the superchargers arent seized, remove the plastic covers and throw them to the sh it house upgrade the jet pump and shaft bearings to 300 spec at some stage.

give them a good lube and grease and should be good to go

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    make sure the superchargers arent seized, remove the plastic covers and throw them to the sh it house upgrade the jet pump and shaft bearings to 300 spec at some stage.

give them a good lube and grease and should be good to go
    X2.....

+1
    I've seen them with less than 20 hours and the pumps seized up which in turn blew the motor.
    So the pump upgrade is a must and always fog the s/c after every use.

Other than that ride them like there STOLEN....

+1
    Are you suggesting I literally replace the ENTIRE jet pump with one from a 300x? I understand replacing shaft bearings but are there any other parts within or related to the jet pump that needs lubrication?... grease, oil, spit, whatever....

What plastic covers are you referring to related to the supercharger? What's the benefit to eliminating or replacing them?

Sorry guys... I haven't even looked over the engine that closely yet. These skis fell into my lap for a SICK deal. I'm still tinkering in my shop on the motorcycle and snow is falling, so I have plenty of time to prep them. I just want to make sure I prep them properly and do some preventative maintenance at the same time!

Thanks for the help,
    Drew

+1
    Make sure you check all the hoses for cracking. Probably not as bad where you are but in Arizona. A ski can set out for a few months and things can dry out and crack.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cvbdrew View Post
    Are you suggesting I literally replace the ENTIRE jet pump with one from a 300x? I understand replacing shaft bearings but are there any other parts within or related to the jet pump that needs lubrication?... grease, oil, spit, whatever....

What plastic covers are you referring to related to the supercharger? What's the benefit to eliminating or replacing them?

Sorry guys... I haven't even looked over the engine that closely yet. These skis fell into my lap for a SICK deal. I'm still tinkering in my shop on the motorcycle and snow is falling, so I have plenty of time to prep them. I just want to make sure I prep them properly and do some preventative maintenance at the same time!

Thanks for the help,
    Drew
    Just buy the pump bearings shaft / nut and seals for the 300 and replace this is all you need to do not the whole pump.

Plastic cover is fitted over the sc belt remove it so after each ride you can properly clean the pulleys off as they will start to rust if not taken care of and break a belt. With the cover on you can't clean them off easily after every ride.

+1
    [/QUOTE]

Just buy the pump bearings shaft / nut and seals for the 300 and replace this is all you need to do not the whole pump.

Plastic cover is fitted over the sc belt remove it so after each ride you can properly clean the pulleys off as they will start to rust if not taken care of and break a belt. With the cover on you can't clean them off easily after every ride.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! Having never owned a SC 4-stroke, how do you clean them off after riding?

Banned User
    +1
    The pulley or the ski ? The pulley spray well with fresh water.
    And a fine mist of fluid film from far away will keep everything rust free

The motor and ski follow the owners Manual.

+1
    I found the plastic cover hiding the pulley and belt. Seems easy enough to remove that cover. Any recommendations on the lube I should use on the bearings?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information