Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

VXR Manifold on an FZR

Does anyone know what exactly is required to install a VXR manifold on an FZR? I haven't seen the VXR manifold and am just brainstorming at this point! Thanks

+1
    Never tried, but the throttle body on the VXR is on the side on the manifold. I would imagine the intercooler gets in the way of the throttle body.

+1
    If so that might be a time when the over the gas tank style of intercooler routing is necessary.

+1
    Gonna require some custom fab work however you do it. I also wonder if Yamaha is still making the older aluminum NA manifold. Aren't the ones on the new skis plastic?

+1
    Yes the new ones r plastics. Yes they still make the older aluminum
    Ones r still pricey even at dealer cost. U can still run a fzr throttle body on the vxr manifold. But one of the advantages is the vxr is larger

+1
    Several benefits of running a VXR intake manifold & throttle body on a FZR: More evenly distributed air flow to all cylinders ( cyl 2 & 3 typically run leaner with FZR manifold), better throttle response and acceleration/improved bottom end power with larger throttle body (60mm), better access to throttle body.
    but requires custom intercooler mounting and piping.

+1
    VXR Manifold and throttle body over the FZR you will see an increase of 200 rpms or more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by prostocker View Post
    VXR Manifold and throttle body over the FZR you will see an increase of 200 rpms or more.
    No kidding...why haven't I seen a faq on this?? Good work boys...any other changes to tps or anything else? Have you done this mod yourself or just seen it done? Anyone have pictures of the two throttle bodies or their i.d.'s would be curious to see the differences.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    No kidding...why haven't I seen a faq on this?? Good work boys...any other changes to tps or anything else? Have you done this mod yourself or just seen it done? Anyone have pictures of the two throttle bodies or their i.d.'s would be curious to see the differences.
    There may be some gain, but I personally take everything prostocker says as hearsey because what he says today will change tomorrow!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    There may be some gain, but I personally take everything prostocker says as hearsey because what he says today will change tomorrow!
    Hey yellow93 no hard feelings but that you had never archive fast speeds with a low boost wheel you must be doing something wrong i did try the vxr throttle body alone without the manifold and I got more than 250 rpms with the throttle body only, i seen a friend get 300 rpms with the manifold and throttle body. So yes it really works.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information