DIY superhcarger removal?

Is there a DIY guide for the supchager removal of a 2011 RXT 260is? Im at 65 hours right now, but just planning for the future. I have absolutely no idea what im doing and this is my first ski, but I figure it cant be that hard.

+1
    check out the how to section... top thread is a how to, although its for an rxp. its very similar looking engine bay a few minor differences but the supercharger itself is the same design.

+1
    i used Seans how-to this morning... one of the best write ups... took me about an hour and that was for a couple breaks in between.. although oddly enough all my bolts were swapped out to 8mm bolts.. i didnt need any special tools ??

The shop manual tells you to remove the moving deck on the iS. Not sure if that is absolutely required or not. I think I read one thread where they did not remove the entire deck. Not something I am looking forward to...

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    The shop manual tells you to remove the moving deck on the iS. Not sure if that is absolutely required or not. I think I read one thread where they did not remove the entire deck. Not something I am looking forward to...
    Yeah. I don't think it is absolutely necessary. I think it would make it easier because you will not be reaching down as much, but it doesn't seem like it would give you more room were its really needed. If you send it in to the site admin, what do you do about the supercharger warning coming light coming on? Do you just live with it or what? How many hours do you have on your ski?

After looking at my engine, I have no idea how you would remove it. There is almost no space to work with at all.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxt260_IS View Post
    After looking at my engine, I have no idea how you would remove it. There is almost no space to work with at all.
    Most say the IS deck must be remove or at least partially in order to gain access to not only the charger bolts but more. I heard is very heavy and not a 1 man job...

Quote Originally Posted by warsawspeedfreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rxt260_IS View Post
    Most say the IS deck must be remove or at least partially in order to gain access to not only the charger bolts but more. I heard is very heavy and not a 1 man job...
    Well after dropping the ski off at the stealer ship because of a 500 rpm loss, I was looking at the non IS ski compartments. There is so much room in the non IS skis. It is a must to remove the IS deck otherwise I have no idea how you are going to remove it.

+1

Thread Information