Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Auto Culto's 780SLX 'Poject Underdog'

Calling all agents. This mission should you choose to accept it, is to use all means at your disposal to get this museum relic 'Polaris 780SLX 1995' back on the water again and able to suprise a few of the glamour boys with their newer toys

Project Underdog the saga continues.............................

Thanks Matt

+1
    So Drkvampire I was just about to clic buy it now when I had a hopefull email come in from a uk seller. I spoted this a few days ago and asked if he still had the shaft and coulping http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1308632679...84.m1438.l2649 . He said he has the complete ski and knows he has not sold them, so he will inspect and measure them up on Moonday. So anyway how are you able to tell the differance between the links I am sending as the previous one listed the same partnumber on polaris web page ? And is this the right one ? The whole unit looks the same as mine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by auto culto View Post
    So Drkvampire I was just about to clic buy it now when I had a hopefull email come in from a uk seller. I spoted this a few days ago and asked if he still had the shaft and coulping http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1308632679...84.m1438.l2649 . He said he has the complete ski and knows he has not sold them, so he will inspect and measure them up on Moonday. So anyway how are you able to tell the differance between the links I am sending as the previous one listed the same partnumber on polaris web page ? And is this the right one ? The whole unit looks the same as mine.
    I can tell as what type ski it came off of. Looking at that pump it does not have an extension ring. Therefor the driveshaft will not work with your ski. Its short. The prop and stator would. Not sure if its the same prop as in your slx. The coupler would work. But again not the drive shaft.

+1
    Ill dig depper today to make sure infact the 95 slx is extended but I'm almost positive it is.

+1
    I can see now where your looking. I forgot that my wear ring is still in place and not been taking that into consideration. Do you think if I double roll pin the driveshaft to the coupler on 2 seperate axis (untill I can source a uk supplier) that would do the job for temporary repair. I can square it all up no problem so it will run true. I just have concerns that it was floating originaly and do not want thrust pressure tranfereing to the crank.

I am still going to do stator bearings and get the prop re-built.

+1
    lookign at the prices I dont think it will be cost efective ordering from the states

+1
    lookign at the prices I dont think it will be cost efective ordering from the states
    I can source some of the parts in the us and ship them to you I'm just unsure of the shipping cost. I thinkn some of the sellers are rediculous shipping. You could get a short shaft and swap the extension ring after the prop. Until you find a long shaft.

+1
    thats a generous offer an option worth considering. Its only the shipping costs which are killing it for me as each item shipped individualy starts getting exspesive and the ski does not justify the costs. I have set myself a max spending amount and must stick to it otherwise I will spend more on it than its worth. Poping out now to drop off the prop for re-building.

+1
    My mate / previous owner popped round today to see how I was getting on and could not believe how it was looking lol, he also has a tigershark that may be heading my way after this is finished.

+1
    thats a generous offer an option worth considering. Its only the shipping costs which are killing it for me as each item shipped individualy starts getting exspesive and the ski does not justify the costs. I have set myself a max spending amount and must stick to it otherwise I will spend more on it than its worth. Poping out now to drop off the prop for re-building.
    You can NOT rebuild a ski, assuming you well spend less then its worth, you will never make that goal. I can round up parts put them in a box and send them to you, one box. therefor the shipping costs do not add up, these parts all over the states. there is a long driveshaft on ebay right now for 20 USD

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information