Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2013 vxr, vxs, or fx ho-please help

Ok here is my dilemma.
    i would like to purchase a new 2013 wave runner.
    I am considering the following 3 machines

VXR
    Yellow is out don't like the colour.
    Have not been able to see the blue, but in all pictures it looks like a flat blue, not metalic. I like the yacht blue metallic of the vx cruiser, but have not been able to see a vxr in the deep blue. Does anyone know if the deep blue is metallic paint or just flat ? How does the blue look compared to the yacht blue metallic ?

VXS
    Like the black, but prefer the metallic blue as per above over it.
    Like the bolstered seat on the VXR better, but as per above if the deep blue does not look as good as the yacht blue metallic then probably would like the black better.
    Boarding ladder on VXR is nice to have but not deal breaker.

FX HO
    Love the crimson red metallic of this machine (my favorite colour they make)
    Love the seat, cruise, adjustable handle bars, storage, trim and the overall look of it.
    Hate that it is so long, will not be as much fun to ride and carve turns with.
    Is 100 pounds heavier then the VXR and is 5 miles per hour slower (hate this as buddy is buying the VXS and would be faster than me.)

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated in helping choose one of the above three models.

Thanks

Peter

The FX HO is going to be more like 6 or 7 mph slower than the VXR/S. That's alot. The FX HO is big, but it will be more nimble than you might think. It turns pretty good for how big it is. If you could get an FX HO and a VXR/S that would be the best bet. If you will be riding on mostly calmer waters, I would opt for VXR/S. If choppier waters, you will ultimately be happier with the FX HO.

I would also consider FX SHO. Top speed on this Ski is very close to VXR/S. And you will have the bigger hull for those choppier days. Some extra food for thought. JB

+1
    Get a left over VXR if that is the route you are going and it will be less and comes in Carbon or the red. Love mine by the way but agreed depending on your water conditions not sure where you are from but it's not meant for major chop or at least it will be a rough ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    If you will be riding on mostly calmer waters, I would opt for VXR/S. If choppier waters, you will ultimately be happier with the FX HO.
    This is the key, imo.

Thanks, thought I should add that I am in Canada and ride on lakes only which are flat 90% of the time.
    Tried to get a 2012 vxr in the crimson red and was told not many left and that by the time the dealer gets it shipped to them it would cost just as much as the 2013 ):

+1
    I think the 2012 FX-SHO is in Crimson Red too. Maybe get a deal on a left over one. Worth a try anyway. It would be as fast a VXR/S and have all the stuff you want.

+1
    Have you ridden both the VXR/S and the FX? Completely different ride and I'd think how you like the ride would be a much bigger determining factor than the color but maybe that's just me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I think the 2012 FX-SHO is in Crimson Red too. Maybe get a deal on a left over one. Worth a try anyway. It would be as fast a VXR/S and have all the stuff you want.
    This would be my choice if I wanted it all. You'll be fast, can handle the rougher water better and you can get it in crimson metallic.

I would see if there is any way you could ride them before purchase, looks and a comfortable feel for the machine are two totally different beasts.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hancop View Post
    Thanks, thought I should add that I am in Canada and ride on lakes only which are flat 90% of the time.
    Tried to get a 2012 vxr in the crimson red and was told not many left and that by the time the dealer gets it shipped to them it would cost just as much as the 2013 ):
    Not sure how close you are to the US border but worth the drive you will save yourself a lot of money going over there to get one and it is easy to bring them back I just did that last June. There is a silver VXS just over border here in Niagara Falls NY for good price.

+1
    Silver vxs ....now ur talking!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information