Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the max RPM of a RXT 260?

I looked around and I cant find what RPM my RXT 260 should be running at WOT. Reason being my ski sunk a little over a year ago from a leaking carbon seal and I lost 5-7 mph off my top speed. I don't remember what RPM I was running at before, but im going out today and really want to find out Any other reason why this would happen? I don't ride in shallow water so I wouldn't think I sucked up anything and messed something up.

+1
    If you are pure stock you will see momentary excursions to 8100 or so but, it will always pull back to stay below 8040 rpm. Your stock speed should be around 68-69.

Well I tested it today and I was holding 7560 rpms at WOT with a jump to 7600rpm. Why am I not maxing out?

I forgot to add that I have had the fault code P060D for about 6 months, but have only put about 10 hrs on the ski since it came on. I forget who it was on here, but he said the IBR throttle sensor needed to be pushed back together. I have tried and tried and it still comes on. I need to take it to the dealer. Maybe the saltwater ruined it and it needs to be replaced. Good thing im still under warranty. Could this be the problem?

+1
    Take it in.
    It should be at 8040 wot.
    I just did 3 hrs at 8040+ on a 260. I.S.
    It had 18 and now there is over 21 hrs.
    There were 3 seadoo updates for this ski that were free.
    Check your vin at your dealership to see if your ski has all the latest updates.
    Also mention your reduced rpm and speed.
    I was at 67 mph gps and 69 mph on the dreamometer..

Would the updates be why its not getting the max RPM? If not, what would you think the problem is? Should the problem be covered under warranty? Also for some reason when I flush the ski, after I hold it at 4k rpms for a couple seconds and let go of the throttle it stays at 3k rpm. It didn't do this when I first bought it. It only did this after the engine compartment flooded from a leaking carbon seal. I brought it to the dealer the same day and when it returned it had all these weird things.

+1
    Sounds to me like your intercooler might be leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by noxquse View Post
    Sounds to me like your intercooler might be leaking.
    What are the ways to check if it is? Would I notice if it was except for the loss of 600 rpms?

+1
    The rpm loss is a common symptom of the intercooler leaking. If the leak is bad you may see milky looking oil. If you are under warranty bring it to your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by noxquse View Post
    The rpm loss is a common symptom of the intercooler leaking. If the leak is bad you may see milky looking oil. If you are under warranty bring it to your dealer.
    How big are the intercoolers on these things? How many pounds of boost is a stock supercharger putting out? Do you have any explanation for the engine not dropping below 3k rpm after holding it at 4k rpm?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information