Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    new to jet skiing

    Hi,

    I have been riding sport bikes for 25 years. Over the years I had (kawasaki zx10r, gixxer 1000, ducati 1198, triumph speed triple). I have decided to get myself a toy that I always wanted. A jet ski.
    A kawasaki ultra 300 x.

    I live in riverside CA and I wanted to know if there is a club or people from this forum that I could meet with and learn from.

    thanks for your help.


  2. #2
    Man if I was near I would! You will find this forum to be mostly gear head racers that wont even lower themselves to talk to casual riders. All tech talk.

  3. #3
    jimmy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    672
    +1
    115
    Lamuraz67 welcome to the forum mate. Pay no attention to that PEANUT, not sure why he said that but there are plenty of guys here that are decent and respectful. Im obviously no good to you being in Australia but get involved, you will learn plenty about ski's, rides and meet great people. Once again you do get a few idiots but please don't be discouraged.
    Last edited by jimmy71; 03-19-2013 at 02:10 AM.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by octobon View Post
    ...You will find this forum to be mostly gear head racers that wont even lower themselves to talk to casual riders. All tech talk.
    Not only that, some of them only speak Australian so you can barely understand them. But, CONGRATS ON NEW SKI! I am sure there are a lot of So Cal riders on this forum and many opportunities for group rides. There is a CA rider sub forum. Good luck and smooth sailing.

  6. #5
    jimmy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    672
    +1
    115
    Oh nice, pick on the Aussie now.Im off to see a man about a dog...In other words Im off to the local to sink a few schooies,

  7. #6
    OzarkYamMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lake Of The Ozarks
    Posts
    2,152
    +1
    295
    Hey hello & welcome .... we are not all gearheads... although that would not be a bad thing given how much these skis cost to maintain. We all do some rec riding .... how else are our wives or girlfriends going to let us keep this hobby! There are several CA. riders who would love to show you around. Goodluck & again welcome to the HULK

  8. #7
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,009
    +1
    283
    Welcome aboard! I'm not a racer, just do some wrenching on my own stuff. Sorry, I don't know much about the 4-strokes, but I'm sure you'll have fun with it.

  9. #8
    CJ's gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    685
    +1
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by octobon View Post
    Man if I was near I would! You will find this forum to be mostly gear head racers that wont even lower themselves to talk to casual riders. All tech talk.
    So you join just a few days ago and give another new member a very untrue opinion. I actually have never met someone on here that wouldn't help me with a problem or "lower themself to talk to a causual rider".. what everyone loves about greenhulk is the sense of community and how we're all willing to help each other.

    Just my opinion

  10. #9
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by octobon View Post
    Man if I was near I would! You will find this forum to be mostly gear head racers that wont even lower themselves to talk to casual riders. All tech talk.
    So you join just a few days ago and give another new member a very untrue opinion. I actually have never met someone on here that wouldn't help me with a problem or "lower themself to talk to a causual rider".. what everyone loves about greenhulk is the sense of community and how we're all willing to help each other.

    Just my opinion
    +1. When I look back at some of the questions I asked and the guys who replied your statement couldn't be further from the truth. I asked some pretty simple questions and was treated with the utmost respect from some of the best builders in the world.

  11. #10
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61
    99.9% of the guys on here love to help. Don't be afraid to ask.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New to site. New to Jet ski ownership. Need help starting and diagnosing noise.
    By southernmaryland in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 03:23 PM
  2. New to jet skiing
    By Nordic95 in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 10:18 PM
  3. New to jet skis & forum 07 GP1300R
    By nizzit in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 08:59 PM
  4. New to jet ski's
    By nut in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 05:43 PM
  5. New To Jet Ski
    By Don McMillen in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •