Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Important Info On Wedge

I was trying to sleep last night when a thought came to mind....the bolts holding the venturi to the rear of the pump will NOT be long enough on the 250 when a wedge is installed to securely fasten the parts together. I checked with Kawi and the 250 comes with 8x35 bolts while the LX has 8x45. Anyone installing a wedge will have to use the longer bolts from the LX on their 250. Part number for the longer bolts is 9215-3785. They retail for $3.91 each (rip off) I can get them for $2.02 each. (still a rip off !) Four are needed. I was going to order the wedges (covers, manuals ride plates etc) today and now need to know how many guys want the longer bolts too. I'll hold off until tomorrow to order the stuff.

If anyone wants to stack the wedges they will need longer bolta than any available from Kawi.

Richard

Do you have to put some type of seal on the wedge when installing? Also why put 2 wedges in? Roger

YOU SAID THE MANUELS WHERE ON THEIR WAY LAST THUR.

Did you order them or not. I could have had mine in already. If you are just now ordering them today then take me off the list. Ill get mine through my dealer. Ill just have them RedLabel it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    YOU SAID THE MANUELS WHERE ON THEIR WAY LAST THUR.

Did you order them or not. I could have had mine in already. If you are just now ordering them today then take me off the list. Ill get mine through my dealer. Ill just have them RedLabel it.

I ordered the first 2 manuals on Feb 6th along with 6 covers. I was advised that things were held up due to airports being closed for the snow storms. The parts, including your manual, should be here this week. They were shipped UPS ground and are enroute. I have orders for more covers, manuals and wedges that I want to place as soon as i find out who wants a set of longer bolts.

I don't run UPS...what they do is beyond my control ! Skip, you have to get that thong panty out of your butt...ride up is a bitch !!

Richard
    Last edited by way2fast; 02-21-2007 at 12:06 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    Do you have to put some type of seal on the wedge when installing? Also why put 2 wedges in? Roger
    Some guys want to try raising the nose higher than is capable with only one wedge. The wedges are not very thick.

Thanks Richard, I am curious to see what happens with 2 installed, may cause some pospoising. Roger

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    I was trying to sleep last night when a thought came to mind....the bolts holding the venturi to the rear of the pump will NOT be long enough on the 250 when a wedge is installed to securely fasten the parts together. I checked with Kawi and the 250 comes with 8x35 bolts while the LX has 8x45. Anyone installing a wedge will have to use the longer bolts from the LX on their 250. Part number for the longer bolts is 9215-3785. They retail for $3.91 each (rip off) I can get them for $2.02 each. (still a rip off !) Four are needed. I was going to order the wedges (covers, manuals ride plates etc) today and now need to know how many guys want the longer bolts too. I'll hold off until tomorrow to order the stuff.

If anyone wants to stack the wedges they will need longer bolta than any available from Kawi.

Richard

If you have trouble finding metric bolts locally like I do, boltdepot.com is a good source online.

Richard, email sent with order request. Thanks for the heads up on the bolts.

Curtis

+1
    Richard, put me down for 2 and bolts. Pm sent too. Thankd Brett

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar

Richard E-mail

Hey Rich check your email...Mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information