Odi grips dont fit on VXR !

I purchased Odi 120mm Rouge grips for a 2011 vxr. Awesome grips but, guess what ? The handlbars are too short by approx 1/2 on each end. Any ideas ? Was thinking maybe a longer handlebar ? Stock 1 was approx 27" maybe go to a riva 29" and drill my own holes for the starter and throttle.

+1
    I bought bars a couple months ago from parts unlimited for vxr/s and the angle of the v tfor mounting wasnt even close. Provided detailed pictures and reply was i did have correct year when ordering...unless u channge steering mount i dont think any bars ard going to fit which goes for grips too. I took off center section to use bar pad but no luck. I saw someone on here did a pad and grips but dont remember who it was... drilling ur own holes is easy enough but doubt stock bar cover can be used.

+1
    just install them, you wont notice the short bar as the grips have a plastic liner to keep the ridged i had no problems with mine

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    I bought bars a couple months ago from parts unlimited for vxr/s and the angle of the v tfor mounting wasnt even close. Provided detailed pictures and reply was i did have correct year when ordering...unless u channge steering mount i dont think any bars ard going to fit which goes for grips too. I took off center section to use bar pad but no luck. I saw someone on here did a pad and grips but dont remember who it was... drilling ur own holes is easy enough but doubt stock bar cover can be used.
    Smokeonwater did the write up

Maybe handlebar extensions that a few companies sell would work?

something like: http://www.blowsion.com/products/829...xtensions.aspx

I've never looked at the bars on that ski but the Blowsion extensions are 2" long. If the ends are capped on the stock bars, you could maybe cut the ends off before installing. If you cut just enough to remove the caps then you would get maybe 1.5" extra length on each side? Or maybe you could cut the bar so that the entension makes the bars just long enough to fit the grips properly.

The Blowsion extensions are "Designed with careful tolerances to fit the popular ODI Grips with billet end caps and Thug Plugs. Manufactured from 6063-T832 aluminum. Sold as pair." $27 is still cheaper than aftermarket bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0002487.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	296872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0002488.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	296873  

Thread Information