Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB 215 Short Block - Short Block Needed - BUY

I'm looking for (buy/purchase) a spare block (short) to keep around... Boring my original block because I dropped a valve and the compression in the remaining cylinders is fading. I would also be interested in a long block, but obviously don't need the additional head; however, if need be I'll purchase a long block if I can't locate a short.

Anyone's help or guidance is greatly appreciated. Somebody has to be sitting on a salvaged ski or engine. Please feel free to PM me, or email me at [email protected] with information. I'm a serious buyer.

-Paul

+1
    Paul, How big are u boring it to? I got a new set of .20 over pistons for u, if u need some...

Thanks, jason

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Paul, How big are u boring it to? I got a new set of .20 over pistons for u, if u need some...

Thanks, jason
    Hey Jason..

It's been awhile since our last venture to Kissimmee. Not rly sure how much boring ill do. Don't want to thin it out too much. Ill keep u posted on the proj. Moving to Dallas in a couple months so ill have to locate a machine shop. Are you certain that you, Frank, Adam, or the rest of the gang don't have a shorty laying around; or atleast heard of someone who might have an extra?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Paul

+1
    I have my old 05' block, that was .20 over, and would need to be resleeved, or the cyls re-plated.
    Some say it could be bored 1mm over, but I don't know..

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    I have my old 05' block, that was .20 over, and would need to be resleeved, or the cyls re-plated.
    Some say it could be bored 1mm over, but I don't know..
    Now you're talking my language. Who did you have bore it originally .2 over? Duke? Why does it need to be resleeved? Corrosion from setting up or just normal abrasion? What do you want for the short block or give me an all inclusive price for the long, including the pistons you originally wanted to sell me (assuming they are in good operating condition and don't need replating). How many hours do u have on the block 75+? Don't include shipping because I will prob have Duke resleeve the cyl and set the pistons. You can PM me if you prefer to keep confidential.

Last question.. Since u don't know if its rly .20 over, were you getting blow by or low compression when you were running this block with .20 over pistons?

+1
    Are you looking for just a set of cases or a complete short block (pistons, rods, crank etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    Are you looking for just a set of cases or a complete short block (pistons, rods, crank etc)?
    I'm pretty set on buying a short block... Do you happen to know anyone interested in parting with theirs?

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    I got one I will sell.

Cases.. crank installed.. pistons and rods are out but I will sell with it.. a 2004-2005 set.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    pm sent on mine.. no reply

+1
    I have a 03 185 long block.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information