Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

03 and 04 MSX 140's

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2003 Polaris MSX140 with 61 hours on it and a 2004 Polaris MSX140 with 67 hours on it. These would be my first PWC's so I am trying to find out as much as I can prior to purchase. A majority of the info I am finding on the web tells me to stay away from them and buy something else. Any suggestions, thoughts, or tips would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Msx is one of great polaris made jet ski (in facts all of the were great and still do) If its good deal take it then. You know what it really ticked me off is some big shot boat shop repairman telling people to stay away from polaris
    Last edited by Seakid; 03-20-2013 at 12:43 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    Msx is one of great polaris made jet ski (in facts all of the were great and still do) If its good deal take it then. You know what it really ticked me off is some big shot boat shop repairman telling people to stay away from polaris
    Why would that piss you off? Just means more Polaris for you ha ha

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Whether any older watercraft makes sense for you depends on you. Are you going to be doing your own maintenance and repairs?

Low engine hours can be a good thing, but those machines are ten years old now. Even if the engine and everything else is perfect, you still need to go through the machine and verify that it is actually so.

There are some specific things to know about regarding the MSX 140 model, but that is also true of most other brands and models of similar age.

What kind of riding do you plan to be doing? Are you new to personal watercraft? What part of the world are you in?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    Why would that piss you off? Just means more Polaris for you ha ha
    Why did I not thought of that lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by check22 View Post
    I have an opportunity to purchase a 2003 Polaris MSX140 with 61 hours on it and a 2004 Polaris MSX140 with 67 hours on it. These would be my first PWC's so I am trying to find out as much as I can prior to purchase. A majority of the info I am finding on the web tells me to stay away from them and buy something else. Any suggestions, thoughts, or tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Do not confuse the MSX140 with the MSX110/150, the 140 is the 2 stroke variant. The 110/150 were the first attempt at a four stroke by Polaris which had a ton of problems, followed by an exit of the pwc market by polaris so they never corrected a lot of the issues. That said, the MSX 140 is a great machine and reliability and performance is excellent so long as you maintain it!

+1
    where are you located.i may be interested if your not

These would be my first PWC's purchases. For the most part I am looking to buy them because we recently purchased a lake lot and I think these would be perfect to pull my kids on a tube, ski, or wakeboard and also cruise around. We live by the Missouri River so also nice to have something easy to put in and take out for a quick night ride. I think the cost is pretty good, but would like your thoughts. The seller is selling them both and a double shorelander trailer for $8000 OBO.

Forgot to mention that I live in North Dakota.

+1
    It would depend on your mechanical ability. At above 3k per ski they would have to be perfect. And even then, you would need to be able to do repairs because around here there aren't any mechanics that work on the msx's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information