03-20-2013, 05:36 PM #1
Quick "switched power" question (2012px)
So I know that to get a switched power source, I should tap any of the purple wires. Right now Im running a small amp and using a purple wire as a the remote wire just to tell the amp to turn on. However, this purple wire seems to stay "hot" for a good minute after removing the key. Is this normal on the newer skis or should I be trying to find another one to tap? I have read the posts in the "how to" section and have contacted RIVA to get their wiring, but they are unsure if they can sell it by itself and are checking for me.
03-20-2013, 05:38 PM #2
Depending on which wire, but that sounds kinda normal.
03-20-2013, 11:03 PM #3
This may help you: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167159
You may only have 1 fuze box vice 2, but the concept is the same.
The "Switched Battery Bus" does stay on for 30-60" after DESS key removal, my LC-1 does this also.
The "Hot Battery Bus" is ALWAYS hot.
If you want it to turn off sooner and or have more control, you could always install a in-line On-Off switch.
03-21-2013, 08:36 AM #4
Thanks Troy and jpt. I had read that how to which was VERY helpful and have RIVA trying to get me the wiring so I don't have to tap everything. I was mostly concerned with the power staying hot for the extended period of time thinking it might eventually lead to draining my battery. If this is normal, then I won't worry!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By rapidacceleration in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 30Last Post: 08-24-2012, 06:29 PM
By Hydrotherapy in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 14Last Post: 07-28-2007, 02:21 AM
By excess in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 9Last Post: 07-15-2007, 08:49 PM
By R-Doo in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 11-05-2006, 11:45 AM
By tchies in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 27Last Post: 09-19-2005, 08:28 AM