Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1

Use passive bilge bracket for my electric pump?

I'm personally working on my GP1200R, but this would apply to many if not all the two-stroke Yamahas...

I put my stinger back in the boat and in the process found out the drain hose and the electric bilge pump (glued to the hull) don't like to occupy the same space (kinda tight there). So, in trying to figure out where to relocate the electric bilge pump I wondered if anyone has ever utilized the old passive bilge bracket to mount the electric pump in the same spot. I like the way the bracket holds the drain hose from getting near the driveshaft, so I was going to leave it there for that purpose. If I flip the bracket over and do some bending of the tab (and maybe add an extra drop down tab of sort to get it closer to the floor), I think I can mount the bilge strainer to the bracket, screw it to the midwall, snap in the pump, and be done.

I dont know if I'm explaining this well, but wondering if anyone has tried this. Or alternatively, has anyone fabricated a new bracket for that location?

+1
    Thinking about it more, I think I'll either fabricate a bracket for that location or use the template for the bracket I already spied on this site.

+1
    In all the many things I have going on with these my 2 skis gp1200's, I want to install an electric bilge pump. They get pretty full of water sometimes.
    Not sure if there is enough room though. I found one that is super tiny, lays on its side, called a "whale" or something or another.

+1
    I don't get hardly any water in mine. But with the passive bilge gone I have to have some 'insurance' ready. I already had it glued in there but like I said I had location issues with the holeshot drain on the stinger. The location at/near the old passive bilge spot is ideal. I'd glue it down but I know it only lasts a season or two at most and I'm reglueing again.

I fabricated a bracket this weekend out of stainless, but didnt use the right size holesaw and my final product wasn't acceptable. I got some aluminum sheet yesterday and will be taking another shot at it this week.

And if I may ask - why do you get lots of water??

Thread Information