Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

65u carb rebuild and ?'s

Ski ran lean and burned a hole in the number 1 piston, so I'm going to replace the piston and also go through the carbs. Where is the best priced rebuild kits and what needle size to go with? I have read mixed opinions on going to 1.5? any help appreciated!

+1
    Buy only genuine Mikuni kits. Not great disparity in pricing from anyone, check here first.
    Follow our dearly departed Oside Bill's instructions for rebuilding your carbs. (Found in How-To section)

+1
    Buy only genuine Mikuni kits. Not great disparity in pricing from anyone, check here first.
    Follow our dearly departed Oside Bill's instructions for rebuilding your carbs. (Found in How-To section)
    Remedy that lean condition, too.

Thanks, I'll check that out. What about needle sizing? Some say go to 1.5 and some say to stay 1.2, so I'm confused on what to go with...unless 1.5 is for more modified ski's? I'm thinking about getting the head shaved to bump up compression but the ski is bone stock engine wise.

+1
    That link is for 66e carbs not 65u.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gp12xx View Post
    Thanks, I'll check that out. What about needle sizing? Some say go to 1.5 and some say to stay 1.2, so I'm confused on what to go with...unless 1.5 is for more modified ski's? I'm thinking about getting the head shaved to bump up compression but the ski is bone stock engine wise.
    Are you gonna run aftermarket flame arrestors or the factory arrestor?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I would like to in the future, but I'm not 100% that I will keep the ski that long. I planned to keep it through next season then upgrade to a stronger and newer ski. It will def have just the stock airbox most of this season though.

+1
    Oh crap, Rambo is right.
    Sorry to mislead you GP with an incorrect link.
    It's been a while since I rebuilt the non-PV carbs. They are easier than 66e's, though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I would like to in the future, but I'm not 100% that I will keep the ski that long. I planned to keep it through next season then upgrade to a stronger and newer ski. It will def have just the stock airbox most of this season though.
    With the stock air box, I'd stick with the stock size 1.2 NS and stock spring. That'll keep you pop off sky high like the 65U likes (65 to 70psi, I believe).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information