Reverse with Trim

Hi people! First time posting, but been reading posts for a long time.
    I now have a question that I'm sure someone here will be able to answer.
    I own a 94 SL650 which I added reverse to, and a 96 SL700 that came with power trim, so I have both systems to llok at and know how they each work BUT
    I have just purchased a 97 SLT700 which has neither reverse or power trim. This is where my question arises.
    I love the power trim on my SL700 for the extra speed and control it gives me. But I also love the reverse on my 650 for the maneuverability it gives me around docks. And for some of the people in my life who can't seem to dock without smashing into the dock without reverse.
    I have found no Polaris SL series models listed with both reverse and trim installed.

Can both reverse and power trim be installed on the same SL series PWC? If so, what is required in parts? I already have a trim motor with link, trim switch, and trim indicator with cable. I also already have a reverse lever assembly and cable.

Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    Yes it can be done. I have done it to both of my SLTs. You need the steering nozzle that had the ears on it for mounting the reverse bucket. The hardest part is getting the trim rod bent correctly so it clears the reverse cable.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Yes it can be done. I have done it to both of my SLTs. You need the steering nozzle that had the ears on it for mounting the reverse bucket. The hardest part is getting the trim rod bent correctly so it clears the reverse cable.
    Has this been documented somewhere?

Banned User
    +1
    I do have a new in the box reverse kit for a SL 900. I can try to dig up the instruction sheet.

+1
    +1

getting the trim rod bent correctly so it clears the reverse cable.
    Although I am still fussing with this part.....

Banned User
    +1
    The pump tunnel on the SLT 750 is so narrow and small, trim is very hard to install and set up. Should be much easier on any other SLT hull

+1

SL-900 reverse kit?

If you see this and still have the reverse kit you mentioned, I would love to know more about it. I have a '96 SL-900 and have been looking for details of such a kit but have found none. Please help if you can. Thank you very much for your time.

I do have a new in the box reverse kit for a SL 900. I can try to dig up the instruction sheet.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by onedollar View Post
    If you see this and still have the reverse kit you mentioned, I would love to know more about it. I have a '96 SL-900 and have been looking for details of such a kit but have found none. Please help if you can. Thank you very much for your time.

What would you like to know about it? I think I still have it.

+1
    I would love to see the instruction sheet. If it is a genuine Polaris kit, the instructions should have a list of all parts required. I would think some of the parts would be from an SLT but I would like to know for sure. Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by onedollar View Post

What would you like to know about it? I think I still have it.

+1
    The parts are either in a kit, or off of a parted ski... What are you looking for?

Thread Information