Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

riva gen 2 vs stock vs x charger

I have a 06 speedster 200 and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions for best bang for the buck. On rebuild. I want it to still be reliable.

share some info on that trim set up your working on and we will share some build info.

+1
    Lol I will haven't had time I work 70-80 hours a week

+1
    im running a gen 2 wheel on my RXP and love the snappy response and extra couple lbs of boost. You can beat on that wheel all day its super reliable.

if you are able to do the x-charger swap then do it! Bigger charger =more power but ur gonna need more fuel

the gen 2 wheel gets me 9lbs of boost and i think stock boost on an x-charger is 10lbs.

stock 215 charger makes around 6 lbs if i remember correctly.

LOL im jokin but we are all interested! twinstang is a member who is very helpful and has a modded speedster. Mine has x chargers, 42lb inj, and 4 inch intakes. workin on getting my props right. I love the look of the speedsters just gotta get the trim thing figured out to keep them from bob'n so badly!

+1
    Thanks slydogge, I would start with the simple and cheap stuff first like 4inch intakes. That gave my first speedster way better throttle response I wouldn't waste my money on wheels especially if the chargers are nearing the 150 /200 hour full rebuilds. I would look around for a set of x chargers and some injectors. Like slydogge has on his boat that would be the way to go.
    Just get that trim setup done first real interested on that build.
    I been meaning to call you just been busy with work.
    Last edited by Twinstang; 03-21-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

+1
    Here is a list of things I am doing to my boat at 1 time I am installing 2 sets of jl 7.7 seperates 2- jl 10 inch subs and a 900 watt jl amp.lam doing the trim I have both pumps off and I need impeller's and wear rings. I have the superchargers off they have 175 hours on them and I don't know what to do spend 400 on rebuild each or spend 850 on rebuild plus gen2 wheels or 900 on x chargers plus injectors and I have know idea how much they are

+1
    im about to throw an X-charger on my boat ill sell you my 215 charger with a Riva gen 2 for a fair price if your interested. 49 hours on the charger and 17 of those with new wheel. My buddy has the same exact charger with same exact wheel sitting in his garage as well as another stock 215 charger with low hours maybe hed sell you one. Save you some bread i know those wheels arent cheap

+1
    That's always a option also. It just depends on your budget and what your willing to spend. You can make all kinds of power with different chargers or wheels but its useless without being able to keep it hooked in the water. My setup makes good power but anything over 3/4 throttle and it jumps right out of the water. Buy most of your stuff thru the online store Jerry's a good guy who has more nowledge then us put together plus he stands behind his stuff and always answers your questions.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...index&cPath=18

Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    im about to throw an X-charger on my boat ill sell you my 215 charger with a Riva gen 2 for a fair price if your interested. 49 hours on the charger and 17 of those with new wheel. My buddy has the same exact charger with same exact wheel sitting in his garage as well as another stock 215 charger with low hours maybe hed sell you one. Save you some bread i know those wheels arent cheap

+1
    When you guys get my trim setup jumping out of the water will not be a problem ever again.I will trade x chargers for trim.LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information