Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

A message from RIVA Racing regarding Athena Support

Dear RIVA/Athena ECU Customers,

Thank you for your support of our products. As of March 20th 2013 have over 150 Sea-Doo ECUs in the market with excellent customer feedback. Our staff is committed to provide the best customer support and satisfaction possible. We are determined to deliver an awesome experience with this revolutionary engine management system. Please contact us directly with any questions, concerns or special applications that require our support. We are here to help!

Sincerely,

Dave Bamdas
    RIVA Racing

RIVA/Athena Technical Assistance:

Hours of Operation:
    Monday ~ Friday
    9am~5pm Eastern Standard Time/U.S.

+1
    This was all prompted by a post I read on the forum a few days ago. Any time I see someone isn't happy with a product I like to get to the bottom of it and I don't hesitate to jump Riva's ass if something isn't right.

This post complained that they did not get support from Riva on their Athena. I found this odd as I know from my many customers that Riva's Athena support is top notch and I have received zero complaints. So I called them and dug into this. Just so happens the person that made the post didn't even buy an Athena from Riva. Happened to be a friend of his. The ski had some cam regrind that was causing some tuning issues. Bubba at Riva spoke to the guy and said that he and Rob would drop everything and drive up right then and there to help tune the ski. The guy declined and said no he would just sell it that was too much trouble

For Bubba and Rob to offer to drop everything and drive up to Palm Beach right then and there that says a lot for their customer service.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    This was all prompted by a post I read on the forum a few days ago. Any time I see someone isn't happy with a product I like to get to the bottom of it and I don't hesitate to jump Riva's ass if something isn't right.

This post complained that they did not get support from Riva on their Athena. I found this odd as I know from my many customers that Riva's Athena support is top notch and I have received zero complaints. So I called them and dug into this. Just so happens the person that made the post didn't even buy an Athena from Riva. Happened to be a friend of his. The ski had some cam regrind that was causing some tuning issues. Bubba at Riva spoke to the guy and said that he and Rob would drop everything and drive up right then and there to help tune the ski. The guy declined and said no he would just sell it that was too much trouble

For Bubba and Rob to offer to drop everything and drive up to Palm Beach right then and there that says a lot for their customer service.....

+1
    This was all prompted by a post a read on the forum a few days ago. Any time I see someone isn't happy with a product I like to get to the bottom of it and I don't hesitate to jump Riva's ass if something isn't right.

Completely false
    And untrue. I will post emails. Ecu was on 2 diff skis. One was completely stock and one was mine which only has a cam. Both skis reacted exactly the same. Only diff was in top end. Both skis were hard starting. Both skis had erratic Idles both skis run rich at idle. I personally paid for that ecu. When the original owner wasn't happy. Rob did offer to drive up andlook at it. But it was too late. The owner wanted it removed. So I took possession and put it on my ski. First off there was no info on how to navigate and change settings. No explanation of what does what. Both skis took so long to start on first start, you would think the battery or starter was going to take a shit. I started sending rob emails and he was being helpfull at first. He sent me a map and my ski wouldn't even stay running due to low idle. I offered to bring my ski to him and he never replied. I offered to switch my injectors to bigger and all he said was I agree. Didn't say shit about helping. What other choice did I have. My ski did not run and I couldn't get support for it. There's 2 sides to every story. I could have posted all of the emails but don't wanna be a dick. But I will if I haveto. Jerry I know exactly why u posted this. But next time ask me first before you just assume shit.

+1
    I have the issue about the idle been high and hard to start, I say there some bug on the idle side of it which can be done by changing some parameter however Bubba and Ron tool care of the situation close enough but the idle still not smooth enough, as I said before there some issues that needs to be fix on the idle for fly wire TB and I believe that is on the firmware.
    I'm currently running 77 MPH with stock prop, the ATHENA ECU is a great ECU through out all RPM range.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvr View Post
    Completely false
    And untrue. I will post emails. Ecu was on 2 diff skis. One was completely stock and one was mine which only has a cam. Both skis reacted exactly the same. Only diff was in top end. Both skis were hard starting. Both skis had erratic Idles both skis run rich at idle. I personally paid for that ecu. When the original owner wasn't happy. Rob did offer to drive up and look at it. But it was too late. The owner wanted it removed. So I took possession and put it on my ski. First off there was no info on how to navigate and change settings. No explanation of what does what. Both skis took so long to start on first start, you would think the battery or starter was going to take a shit. I started sending rob emails and he was being helpfull at first. He sent me a map and my ski wouldn't even stay running due to low idle. I offered to bring my ski to him and he never replied. I offered to switch my injectors to bigger and all he said was I agree. Didn't say shit about helping. What other choice did I have. My ski did not run and I couldn't get support for it. There's 2 sides to every story. I could have posted all of the emails but don't wanna be a dick. But I will if I haveto. Jerry I know exactly why u posted this. But next time ask me first before you just assume shit.
    I posted this for one reason and one reason only. You mentioned you could not get support from Riva on the product. This is not exactly true as Rob even offered to drive and meet you to tune the ski. That tells me he was going above and beyond to accommodate you from what I can tell?

+1
    Completely false
    And untrue. I will post emails. Ecu was on 2 diff skis. One was completely stock and one was mine which only has a cam. Both skis reacted exactly the same. Only diff was in top end. Both skis were hard starting. Both skis had erratic Idles both skis run rich at idle. I personally paid for that ecu. When the original owner wasn't happy. Rob did offer to drive up and look at it. But it was too late. The owner wanted it removed. So I took possession and put it on my ski. First off there was no info on how to navigate and change settings. No explanation of what does what. Both skis took so long to start on first start, you would think the battery or starter was going to take a shit. I started sending rob emails and he was being helpfull at first. He sent me a map and my ski wouldn't even stay running due to low idle. I offered to bring my ski to him and he never replied. I offered to switch my injectors to bigger and all he said was I agree. Didn't say shit about helping. What other choice did I have. My ski did not run and I couldn't get support for it. There's 2 sides to every story. I could have posted all of the emails but don't wanna be a dick. But I will if I haveto. Jerry I know exactly why u posted this. But next time ask me first before you just assume shit.
    I posted this for one reason and one reason only. You mentioned you could not get support from Riva on the product. This is not exactly true as Rob even offered to drive and meet you to tune the ski. That tells me he was going above and beyond to accommodate you from what I can tell?
    your in louisiana and you are basing your story off hearsay. you only have half the facts and half the story. its all good. just once again people will be mis informed in this community. hope it gets squared away. my recommendation is to just buy motec

+1
    your in louisiana and you are basing your story off hearsay. you only have half the facts and half the story. its all good. just once again people will be mis informed in this community. hope it gets squared away. my recommendation is to just buy motec
    No sir Mr. Kirchberger!
    I'm basing my story off of your own words and what Riva told me when I inquired about the situation.

Your own words, and I quote
    "yea and I live 30 min from Riva. you would figure they would want to help. I even offered to bring my ski to them. didnt even get a reply. If you want it or need it, Vtech definitely will do there best to accommodate."

I was rather disappointed with Riva to see that you were getting no help so I called the powers that be at Riva to inquire about this situation. What I found out was contradictory to your statement. I learned that they, (Bubba and Rob) offered to drive up right then and there to help you guys.

You back this fact up in this same thread. Your words were, "Rob did offer to drive up and look at it"

It's very important to me that the members here on this forum get good truthful information. Sorry if I seem I was accusing, or pointing fingers. My only intent here is to make sure members have the whole story. Had I not stepped in people would read your post and think that Riva service on the Athena system sucks. This doesn't seem to be the case now does it? How many companies would actually offer to drive to your location to help solve your issues?

I agree, I hope any issues with that ECU get resolved. Not sure who you sold it to but if I can assist in any way have them let me know. I will bend over backwards to ensure the guy gets the support he needs.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Not really sure how people are being misinformed as you indicate when Robert even offered to drive to your location and help you out personally. In my case Robert has been extremely helpful and explained everything step by step.

There have been some variances on the fly by wire TBs but Riva has been on top of helping people sort those problems out quickly and don't feel its Athena as much as it is the differences in the TBs.

Motec is another great product and would never bash it. Athena is simply another choice for the rec end user and everyone has their own opinions. Great price point and user friendly product IMO.

+1
    Will they fly to me if I ever had an issue?! haha
    Good to know they are backing seriously the Athena!

Last edited by Olomana; 03-22-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information