Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

12 rxpx mods to do or not?

hey guys, looking for your opinions from your experience.. rite now i have a 2012 rxpx 260 and my current mods are.. ride plate holes filled, vtech 8350/75 tune, riva4inch kanaflex air, riva free flow exhaust and srz-cd-15/20r prop.... now im wondering whther or not it is worth the $1500. to get the following mods riva gen 3 power cooler, riva intercooler tubing upgrade with block off for blow off valve, riva Fuel Pressure Regulator.... let me know what you think about this?

+1
    I would say yes. It sounds like this place has gotten to you and you have the mod disease, so dont fight it.
    Seriously though, if you ever go bigger SC you need those anyways to see the full potential of a SC upgrade.

+1
    this place is great! unfortunatly it empties my wallet quite a bit, but what do you do. thats life... i am thinking of getting them though

+1
    heck change out the SC impeller and throw a TDR water box on that thing....open her up a bit and get you a few extra lbs of boost!! If your gonna do an ext IC go for the Fizzle HE i love mine and its a better price.

+1
    How fast is it now? If your not content, Keep modding

+1
    well i dont want to put the thru hull exhaust in so that takes a waterbox out of the question.. and its doing around 75ish give or take on the gps, now doing these mods would i gain any acceleration? not necesarily looking formore speed(just would be a bonus) and a new sc wheel is not something i want to do either... so really if i put a new intercooler with pipping upgrade would i get more acceleration and whether the fuel pressure regulator would make a difference for what my mods are

+1
    you dont need a thru-hull to run a TDR box u could easily add one on top of ur current free-flow or u could gut and shorten your stock box. you would definitely benefit from an IC upgrade...less heat fade, better acceleration, lil more power. Big improvement for me having a 215 motor cuz the stock IC is weak but not sure how efficient your stock IC is but nevertheless im sure u would see improvement.

and i dont know if the fuel pressure regulator would make much of a difference if you already have a VTECH set up. Im sure all your fuel needs could be satisfied with the Vtech.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I'd highly recommend some type of aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. The factory regulators in these things are a joke, and don't hold stable pressure.

If your gonna do exhaust, don't waste your time with TRD..... get the best available... Riva!

+1
    TDR sounds way better then Riva....and it's cheaper

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    TDR sounds way better then Riva....and it's cheaper
    I disagree for the Riva waterbox on 2012 RXPX is sounds sick, I have installed on mine, do you have a 2012 RXPX that ou can speak by experience?
    Because if you have an older RXP will sound good on the older model but on the 2012 RXPX is total different sound.
    Few people here have Riva waterbox installed on their 2012 RXPX here and I was on of the first one to purchase the waterbox from Riva direct.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information