Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pros please help again THANKS!!!!

you guys helped me find electric gremlin in 2008 gti N/A it was dess post as When I disconnected black wire fuel pump quit coming on every 15 seconds with dess key out or off,I ordered new dess post and it was brand new seadoo with 4 wires an extra black and purple lead.Which I left disconnected and connected the 3 that were on original the black,the black yellow,and grey /whitish stripe.Does the 4th purple and black need to be connected?AS nothing happens now where before replacing it would start and stop etc.and the beep works like it should.NOTHING with new DESS POST CONNECTED help please???>Marvin

+1
    Yes the BLk/Pur goes the the C5 of the fuse block.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009Sea-dooServiceManual.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	295504  

thanks to my favorite mr>SEADOO I REALLY APPREACIATE all your help!!

beerdart on this ski the 5 is open as it should be with no trim does the purple and black wire on the 2008gti dess post 278002350 still supposed to work???as I cant get anything out of it I have correct key and no buzz no gauge nothing dead.is their someplace I'm supposed to run the black and purple besides to 5 of the fuse panel which is empty??please any kind of help thanks this is still 2008 gti plain i'm working on,i'm wondering why new post wont work at all??when even broken one will still work except for leaving fuel pump coming on every 15 seconds, with key removed.do I have to key the new post since its 4 wire???I know stupid question but????thanks in advance>Marvin

+1
    C5 BLK/PUR is the power wire for the DESS post trim has nothing to due with it. No power no worky.. How is yours wired to the fuse block?
    Last edited by beerdart; 03-22-2013 at 02:15 PM.

+1
    Looking @ the wire diagram you should have a four wire DESS and one wire must go the the fuse block.

+1
    I have correct key and no buzz no gauge nothing dead
    Did you possibly blow a fuse, that runs the dash?

no it has a 3 wire dess post its a 2008 model,4-tec its not wired to fuse box it goes to seperate relay.only ECM no mpem with the fuel pump coming on every 15 seconds without dess key in place,gauge comes on and it runs fine with old dess post 3 wire the only way to kill fuel pump coming on every 15 seconds was to cut black wire from post ,PS I cut it last with key out and yet with only the black dess post wire connected the fuel pump would come on every 15 seconds. Not to confuse things .OK Their is a pair of them and on the other one if you hold stop button down when pulling dess key the gauge comes on with fuel pump every 15 seconds if you let stop go it shuts down.But is it possible to use a 4 wire DESS post in place of a 3 wire on a 2008GTi 4 tec??THanks with the 3 wire set up the black wire has 12.5 volts the yellow and black has 10.05 volts and the grey has 5.0 volts with key off thanks it gets power from ecm black wire

Quote Originally Posted by mrjetskey View Post
    no it has a 3 wire dess post its a 2008 model,4-tec its not wired to fuse box it goes to seperate relay.only ECM no mpem with the fuel pump coming on every 15 seconds without dess key in place,gauge comes on and it runs fine with old dess post 3 wire the only way to kill fuel pump coming on every 15 seconds was to cut black wire from post ,PS I cut it last with key out and yet with only the black dess post wire connected the fuel pump would come on every 15 seconds. Not to confuse things .OK Their is a pair of them and on the other one if you hold stop button down when pulling dess key the gauge comes on with fuel pump every 15 seconds if you let stop go it shuts down.But is it possible to use a 4 wire DESS post in place of a 3 wire on a 2008GTi 4 tec??THanks with the 3 wire set up the black wire has 12.5 volts the yellow and black has 10.05 volts and the grey has 5.0 volts with key off thanks
    Ire hooked up old one to check it out for blown fuse or short works fine beeper beeps starts and runs but pull desskey and fuel pump comes on every 15 secondsTHanks again PS maybe I got bad dess post or maybe a 4 wire wont work in place of 3 wire even though part number says it will>Thanks much>Marvin

+1
    I've used a 4 wire in place of a 3 wire before. I believe I hooked it up the way you described. You can test your new one. Black and black/yellow wires should be connected with the key attached to the post and disconnected with the key off the post. But also double check for that fourth wire because I I thought you were supposed to have a 4 wire

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information