+1

FZR/ FZS Front storage compartment cooler mount/hold down?

Considering the FZR / FZS does not have a front storage bin nor does anyone sell them. What have people done to hold down a cooler or anchor in the front storage compartment? Obviously letting it flop around and bang everything up in the choppy water is not ideal.

I was thinking to keep it simple and use two small bimini type brackets screwed down on each end and use a bungie?
    Do any of the other model storage bins fit the FZR/FZS?

I slid my anchor underneath the band that holds the fire extinguisher in place.. works pretty well.

Not sure about a cooler. I usually toss a backpack in there with cold stuff inside.

+1
    I put my anchor in a padded bag that lays flat. Never really noticed any impact marks.

+1
    Front compartment on my VXR so small I put cooler in and stuff a few towels in and it's packed tight! Nothing moves around.

+1
    Yeah, we put a friend of mines larger cooler in there today and fit much better. Guess, the one I had was just to small. I'll get a larger cooler and fit it in there. I still may think if a bungie holder for the anchor or something. I'll let ya know what I come up with.

+1
    Gus, I've toyed around with the bungie idea before. I ended up buying some industrial velcro from West Marine that has adhesive on one side. I just put one side of the velcro on my anchor bag and the other piece of velcro on the white panel in the front storage compartment. I did the same with my dry bag and medical kit. Even running offshore it holds on pretty well. And running on lakes (flat water) it works 100%.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Gus, I've toyed around with the bungie idea before. I ended up buying some industrial velcro from West Marine that has adhesive on one side. I just put one side of the velcro on my anchor bag and the other piece of velcro on the white panel in the front storage compartment. I did the same with my dry bag and medical kit. Even running offshore it holds on pretty well. And running on lakes (flat water) it works 100%.
    Thanks for the info. A friend of mine recently suggested that too, but while at his house he placed his larger soft side cooler than what I had in my storage compartment, it fit rather well, and wasn't going anywhere. Leaving me with plenty of room to fit other things too. Once I saw that, I decided to keep it simple and got a similar cooler from Wal-Mart for $15 with the hard inner plastic liner.

I have a few ideas for the anchor.
    First one which is the easiest is to put it in the canvas bag that I store it in and place it in the crevis below the air intake next to the gas tank. I have done thins in the past, but just done like having to take the seat off to get to it. The second idea is to use to stainless tie down loops and secure the anchor down with an adjustable bungee. The third and my favorit the more I think about it is to find a small piece of PVC, just large enough to slide my anchor into. Then secure the PVC down in the storage compartment with an aluminum strap using something like a quick disconnect or wing nut to allow quick and easy access to it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Thanks for the info. A friend of mine recently suggested that too, but while at his house he placed his larger soft side cooler than what I had in my storage compartment, it fit rather well, and wasn't going anywhere. Leaving me with plenty of room to fit other things too. Once I saw that, I decided to keep it simple and got a similar cooler from Wal-Mart for $15 with the hard inner plastic liner.

I have a few ideas for the anchor.
    First one which is the easiest is to put it in the canvas bag that I store it in and place it in the crevis below the air intake next to the gas tank. I have done thins in the past, but just done like having to take the seat off to get to it. The second idea is to use to stainless tie down loops and secure the anchor down with an adjustable bungee. The third and my favorit the more I think about it is to find a small piece of PVC, just large enough to slide my anchor into. Then secure the PVC down in the storage compartment with an aluminum strap using something like a quick disconnect or wing nut to allow quick and easy access to it.
    I like the last idea the best too. Have a screw cap on the PVC pipe to keep the anchor in. I dont even bother with an anchor anymore... I just beach it

9. +1 by:

+1
    I use my FZS exclusively in the Gulf of Mexico and I carry a first aid kit, water bottle, and tool kit so I just load the items in the front compartment and stuff an old big fluffy blanket on top of everything. This holds things down and gives pockets to stuff fragile items in. At the end of the ride I just hang it on a drying rack to air dry it.

Thread Information