Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    Fink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North East Arkansas
    Posts
    258
    +1
    5

    Question Please help with pre-purchase advice, Updated with pictures

    I am looking at a 2001 SLX. I'll have to drive about 150 miles to see it, but can tell from the pictures that the deck pads will need replaced, and that while not cut or cracked, a seat cover might be a worthy investment. Cosmetically, it has a club sticker stuck on the hood that will have to come off, and half the registration numbers on the left side appear to have been rubbed off, not sure of any damage until I see it in person. It also comes with a Karavan trailer.

    I'll be taking a compression tester along, and assuming the compression and plugs look good and it starts and runs, would $1600 be a reasonable price?
    Last edited by Fink; 04-16-2013 at 03:14 AM.


  2. #2
    David Drkvampire2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Edgerton, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    2,857
    +1
    30
    Welcome to the hulk!!
    I would say YES, i bought a 2001 SLX project ski and so far im up to 2,200 dollars, remember this is going to be one of the faster 2 seater skis you will find, it should do low to mid 60s stock. its an AWESOME looking ski, and if there is anything wrong with it most people here can help you, I believe I have seen that one on Craiglist, Trailer inculuded! EVEN BETTER!

  3. #3
    David Drkvampire2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Edgerton, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    2,857
    +1
    30
    If infact you are talking about this one


    http://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/3640492226.html

    I dont see any damage. and the black looks decent,

  4. #4
    Fink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North East Arkansas
    Posts
    258
    +1
    5
    This post has more pics, but incorrect information.

    http://littlerock.craigslist.org/boa/3605928700.html

  5. #5
    Seakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    442
    +1
    9
    2001 polaris slx is a good jet ski, I rode once last summer when I was looking to buy its 1999 have red 1050 engine, great on speed and wave play its a 2 seat I would bought it but after heard ridiculous price 4,500 I walked out fast did not bothered negotiated with seller. I think 1600 is good price go for it and be sure do lake test first.

  6. #6
    David Drkvampire2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Edgerton, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    2,857
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    2001 polaris slx is a good jet ski, I rode once last summer when I was looking to buy its 1999 have red 1050 engine, great on speed and wave play its a 2 seat I would bought it but after heard ridiculous price 4,500 I walked out fast did not bothered negotiated with seller. I think 1600 is good price go for it and be sure do lake test first.
    im confused? its 99 have red 1050 engine?

  7. #7
    Seakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    442
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    2001 polaris slx is a good jet ski, I rode once last summer when I was looking to buy its 1999 have red 1050 engine, great on speed and wave play its a 2 seat I would bought it but after heard ridiculous price 4,500 I walked out fast did not bothered negotiated with seller. I think 1600 is good price go for it and be sure do lake test first.
    im confused? its 99 have red 1050 engine?
    Yes I remember it was red engine 1050cc I think last Fuji (blue) engine was in 1997 or 98? Please correct if I am wrong

  8. #8
    David Drkvampire2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Edgerton, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    2,857
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    2001 polaris slx is a good jet ski, I rode once last summer when I was looking to buy its 1999 have red 1050 engine, great on speed and wave play its a 2 seat I would bought it but after heard ridiculous price 4,500 I walked out fast did not bothered negotiated with seller. I think 1600 is good price go for it and be sure do lake test first.
    im confused? its 99 have red 1050 engine?
    Yes I remember it was red engine 1050cc
    a 2001 SLX is infact a 1200CC engine.

  9. #9
    Seakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    442
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    2001 polaris slx is a good jet ski, I rode once last summer when I was looking to buy its 1999 have red 1050 engine, great on speed and wave play its a 2 seat I would bought it but after heard ridiculous price 4,500 I walked out fast did not bothered negotiated with seller. I think 1600 is good price go for it and be sure do lake test first.
    im confused? its 99 have red 1050 engine?
    Yes I remember it was red engine 1050cc
    a 2001 SLX is infact a 1200CC engine.
    1999 have 1050 so wonder when 1200 were offer in slx 2000 or 01?

  10. #10
    David Drkvampire2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Edgerton, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    2,857
    +1
    30
    an SLTX is a 3 seater, the SLX is a 2 seater, in 99 i still believe the SLX was a 1200 the only Black Ski polaris made was an 01 SLX

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. possible lean condition on 03 xlt PLEASE help with advice
    By mikerob1963 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:14 PM
  2. Please Help with Carb Settings!
    By Steve-O in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
  3. Please Help with XP beeping
    By lynchie23 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 04:48 PM
  4. PLease help with handlebars!!!!!!
    By jcorallo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 07:34 AM
  5. Please help with 1997 gp1200
    By grumpeeau in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 09:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •