03-22-2013, 05:49 PM #1
Can't decide between Ultra 260/300x or Seadoo aS/iS ski..
Hey guys, its been a while since I have posted on here and I wanted to see if anyone had advice on what ski to get.
1. Id like to get a 10-12, maybe 13 ski as price is somewhat of a requirement.
2. I dont want to get the crap beaten out of me which is why I am looking at a suspension model.
3. I hear the ultras need premium fuel, does seadoo or can they run on regular?
4. I am not going to race and probably wont mod either.
5. I have heard the suspension models dont feel the same way as a non-suspension model in regards to handling and "connectedness". Can you guys with suspension models, describe as best you can, what it feels like?
6. I am in san antonio/houston, and ideally would like to test drive both types to see what feels best but not every dealership does test drives. Any recommendations?
I think thats about it for now, I will probably have more questions later...
Thanks in advance everyone.
03-22-2013, 05:58 PM #2
03-22-2013, 07:05 PM #3
I have a I/S model GTX LTD 2011 and it is not one you would choose for a race course for sure. If you looking for a comfortable ride that is excellent for the recreational rider the I/S model would be a great choice. Overall on smooth water it does not ride different from the fixed hull models when you really appreciate the suspension is when you get into rough water and then the suspension shines. Kawasaki and Yamaha both make good Skis there is good points on both. I just happen to like Seadoo as my personal choice.
Last edited by moultrie rxp; 03-22-2013 at 08:08 PM.
03-22-2013, 07:07 PM #4
03-22-2013, 07:12 PM #5
Nothing wrong with yamaha's great ski's when you start to race you need a 4 tech in them to win. In unlimited they dont stand a chance well unless a dq or if someone dont show up
03-22-2013, 07:32 PM #6
Rough waters get the I S . If lake riding don't spend the extra $$$
Suspension is very nice if you ride in rough waters. It's very connected but very smooth.
03-22-2013, 07:37 PM #7
Posted in both sections, nice move lol.
03-22-2013, 07:43 PM #8
Whats posted in both sections hi bari your next
03-22-2013, 07:48 PM #9
03-22-2013, 07:51 PM #10
Oops sorry its not a cc course bud its raw hp you be putting the white flag up in a kawisaki no offense i challenge any kawasaki well shit i challenge anything 1/8 lol but i will wait till hydros
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Green Hulk in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 19Last Post: 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM
By FreakRXP1200 in forum Kawasaki Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2011, 06:11 PM
By toofast in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 0Last Post: 04-27-2010, 08:47 PM
By Pooper_Scooper in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 7Last Post: 10-17-2009, 03:34 PM
By 2006 RXT in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 04-20-2007, 07:36 PM