Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 2005 RXT Hours?

My 2005 RXT has 107 hours on it, but since it is my first ski I dont know how many how many hours to expect out of it. How many hours should I expect out of it? (Assuming proper maintenance which is the case.) (also, Salt and freshwater use and the ceramic washers were replace in 2008.)

+1
    As long as you take care of everything like u say you do then you got plenty to go....id say at least 300-400 hours easy

+1
    There are several people on this forum with over 400 hours and still going. Change the oil and plugs, check SC slip at the beginning of EVERY season, and have SC rebuilt every 100 hours, and maintain it well. You will get many many years of fun out of it!

If i go easy or hard on the acceleration, will it effect the longevity of the skis life? ie. if i accelerate slowly and dont tow heavy people will i get more hour out of it? thanks for the replies so far.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaboy View Post
    If i go easy or hard on the acceleration, will it effect the longevity of the skis life? ie. if i accelerate slowly and dont tow heavy people will i get more hour out of it? thanks for the replies so far.
    yeah and loose all the fun

dont sweat it.... run it like theres no tomorrow and keep up with the maintenance youll be fine

+1
    Don't this years ski had a valve issue? I think there are posts about that here on the forum. If so, you might think of changing them. Just to be on the safe side. Maybe someone else could drop in who knows more about this matter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    Don't this years ski had a valve issue? I think there are posts about that here on the forum. If so, you might think of changing them. Just to be on the safe side. Maybe someone else could drop in who knows more about this matter.
    Yes. Bad exhaust valves. It's hit or miss whether or not they will break but it's just not worth risking. Also has bad flywheel bolts and plastic steering/reverse nuts. My flywheel bolts were in JUST over finger tight.

Good chance the motor mounts are junk too.

Banned User
    +1
    There's more people that have had success than failures. You hear about the fails not the success

+1
    Have over 500hrs and still going strong. Throttle management is key to a SC's life. Don't dump the throttle when slowing down, let off throttle when in the air and accel evenly. I don't agree with rebuilding SC every 100hrs, just pull it every season to check bearing play, slip and dis colorization of the washers/gears. Pull the pump and check the grease once a season for water. Change plugs, 4tecs like new plugs. Make sure electrical connections have a ample supply of diametric grease on them and keep it clean and lubed. The valves will rust and break, but mine haven't because I spray ample lubricants down the intake while running and RXT's don't stab the rear when jumping like a RXP. Good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by skipSC; 03-23-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    Have over 500hrs and still going strong. Throttle management is key to a SC's life. Don't dump the throttle when slowing down, let off throttle when in the air and accel evenly. I don't agree with rebuilding SC every 100hrs, just pull it every season to check bearing play, slip and dis colorization of the washers/gears. Pull the pump and check the grease once a season for water. Change plugs, 4tecs like new plugs. Make sure electrical connections have a ample supply of diametric grease on them and keep it clean and lubed. The valves will rust and break, but mine haven't because I spray ample lubricants down the intake while running and RXT's don't stab the rear when jumping like a RXP. Good luck and have fun!
    Can you elaborate on jumping the rxts? thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information