Question 07 fxho w 230 hours- looking to buy

Hey guys, just signed up. Great site. I am looking at buying my first waverunner on a limited budget. I really cant spend over 5000 and found a 2007 fx ho saltwater ski with 230 hours and no trailer for 5000. I am fairly certain i can get him down to 4500 and pick up a trailer for under 500. The guy says it has been maintained well, but 230 hrs seems like a lot to me. I am obviously going to check compression and make sure the ski is in good condition- what are your thoughts on the hours? Also, what compression should it have? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you. Brent

+1
    Where are you located? That is a lot of hours on a salt ski if not properly taken care of post ride. Not a great deal at the price also and even less as no trailer. Shop around first.

Thanks for the feedback leejax. Located in pa. Ski is in nj. I also am looking at a 2007 fxho with less than 60 hrs with trailer supposedly in great condition. Asking 6000 with 2 jackets, waterskis and a tow rope but i think i can squeeze out 5800. More than i want to spend, but i would rather pay a bit more for something that is a better deal. Thoughts anyone?
    Thank you for the feedback- i dont want to f up my first purchase.

+1
    well you could always get a nice 2 stroke for cheaper.. Maybe a gp1300r? but if your set on the fxho I'd get the second one.. 230 hours seems like quite a bit

+1
    230 hours on an FX HO is nothing, however 230 saltwater hours, if not properly flushed and maintained, is a lot. I found an '07 FX HO Cruiser with like 60-something hours on it but walked away because the previous owner didn't take care of it. Salt water riding, no flush, no rinse, no thanks! I'd spend more on the lower hour, hopefully freshwater ski. Properly maintained, the 1052cc motors will easily go 1000 hours or more.

Good luck in your search, the '07 FX HO is a great ski. Pre-Nano hull, which I actually like better than the Nano hull my '08 has, and a rock solid engine with decent fuel economy. Good luck!

Thanks guys. I really would like to stick with a 4 stroke cj's- appreciate the response tho. So what are the tell tale signs it hasn't been flushed properly? Thanks again guys.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I have a 2011 VXs with almost 210 hours on it.....its just getting broke in good....mines a fresh water ski with very few saltwater rides.....

You should be able to look under the seat and see if it has been taken care of as in if they didnt flush it well I doubt they would take time to wash the engine compartment down.....

+1
    Sold my 2007 FXHO at 307 hrs.....all salt water use.....didn't look too far off as new condition.
    One look at the engine bay will be a good pointer. A ski that has been well looked after will have next to no corrsion anywhere.....hose clips are always a give away!

+1
    Whats your secret? 307 hours of saltwater use and still looks new? Those hose clips rust regardless if you run in salt water or not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    Whats your secret? 307 hours of saltwater use and still looks new? Those hose clips rust regardless if you run in salt water or not.
    I did say 'not too far off as new' lol. Lots of TLC & maintenance is the secret. I spend around an hour after every ride cleaning everything, oil change every 35 hrs, fogged regularly etc & everything covered in fluid film including the hose clips.....some had just a few small specs of rust on them, but not much considering the hours.
    I traded it in because I did not want the hassle of selling privately, & also did not want to be without a ski at all. Dealer could not believe the condition it was in & sold it within a couple off days!

Thread Information