Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Just installed VTS on my '07 RXT!

I just finished installing VTS on my RXT 215....
    this install is not for a novice!

I took an '04 RXP harness and stripped out what I needed to add the VTS cabling to my existing RXT harness. (the '04 uses an MPEM so the cabling was drastically different) I removed the pins from the "ECM" plug in the RXP harness (so I didn't have to buy new pins) cut the wire back a few inches and soldered and heat shrink the connection. you WILL need a wiring diagram to insert the pins into the ECM connector!
    had to change the deutsch connector coming from the steering harness from a two pin connector to a six pin connector, and to make it like factory, the pins had to be changed also (the RXT connector has female pins on the steering harness).

The mechanical installation of the VTS module is pretty straight forward, drill out the plastic in the pump shoe, bolt up the VTS module.
    used a VTS rod from an '02 RX DI (it's about 2" shorter than the RXP rod).

I'm not completely finished the install, I'm waiting for the accessory harness from Riva to connect the power for the VTS into the fuse box, when I'm done it will use the VTS fuse location in the fuse box just like factory.
    I programmed the VTS with CanDoo, I temporarily hooked up power to the battery just to test out the functionality of the system, everything is working perfectly!

I'll take some pics and update the post when I get the accessory harness installed.

+1
    I installed one one my 05 and i love it you now can trim the ski a lot better to get the speed out of it.

+1
    Its a great mod.

Being able to trim the nose down to make it corner better (especially with a wedge)
    and trim up for speed.

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Nice add!I am installing VTS to my GTX as well.I got a damaged RXP 07 harness and took out all the cables needed so I can have a clean and factory install.As for the trim rod I got the Riva extension rod which worked fine with my pump extension.

Post up some pics of the install!!!

+1
    I only tested mine once so far and the biggest difference I noticed was in the full up position the nose was a little higher and a lot smoother in very light chop.

+1
    while were on the topic of trim settings is all the way up the best for top speed? Ive heard so many different things about which is the best. Some say a click or two above middle, i was always told all the way up. What have yall found to be the sweet spot for top speed?

+1
    middle trim setting or one above middle

+1
    It all depends on what hull and setup?

I have vts on my 05 RXT and I agree with all points made.
    Also one big advantage is hole shot with trim down.

ive got a few questions regarding this mod, does the vts motor/ module have to come from a rxp ? my local dealer said the early motors from lets say a rx had a differnt part number to the later ones but couldnt tell me whats different also does the wiring loom also have to be a rxp could i take a xp or rx loom ( for the plugs and add extra length to the wires as th op has ? i know i would have to buy the pins for the mpem conection ?

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    ive got a few questions regarding this mod, does the vts motor/ module have to come from a rxp ? my local dealer said the early motors from lets say a rx had a differnt part number to the later ones but couldnt tell me whats different also does the wiring loom also have to be a rxp could i take a xp or rx loom ( for the plugs and add extra length to the wires as th op has ? i know i would have to buy the pins for the mpem conection ?
    RX vts module works.Earlier models had longer wires.Loom has to be from a RXP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information