Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

95 Polaris SLT 750 restore/repair/replace

Hello new to this world! Purchased my first ski 95 Polaris SLT 750 with a double ski trailer from original owner. Looks like he took really good care of it. Last time it was used was early '08. All for only $400. The inside of this engine compartment was as clean as a whistle. Feel like I got a good deal. In the past week I've watched at least 50 videos on you tube about this brand and ski. The reason I'm posting is because I need a good list of what I need to replace since this thing is 18 years old. Here's what I'm thinking about doing since I've done so much research.... 1. Replace all oil and fuel lines. 2. Rebuild carbs. 3. Replace spark plugs. 4. Empty oil and gas can. 5. Perform compression test. 6. Remove jet pump inspect and grease drive shaft. 7. Replace spark plug wires. Among other things this is what I'm thinking about. I'm debating on getting JetSki Solutions to rebuild my carb. It will cost me around $350 for them to rebuild and to ship a new Genuine Mikuni high volume fuel pump. I've seen so much about converting to the triple output fuel pump. Only thing I'm curious about is which way to go? Second is I've seen people also cutting out the oil pump and going to premix. Thoughts? Any other major things to do that I've overlooked? Seems like a lot but I don't want to run the chance of ruining the engine granted it's in good shape! Lastly would be a fresh new battery. P.S. If you advise about a certain part please provide the website to purchase from. Thanks to all for your help!

+1
    WELCOME TO THE HULK,

you are on the right track, the 3 major things, replace the fuel lines, rebuild the carbs and go to a triple outlet fuel pump. if you even have some mechanical ability no reason to have someone do the work for you, John Zigler www.Watcon.com has Genuine Mikuni rebuild kits, he sells i believe for 150 dollars, everything you need will be in that kit. as far as the oil block off. no reason to do that the oil injection is reliable, the oil lines...not so much.... and welcome to the world of John Zigler, has everything you need, fuel filters, fuel lines, carb rebuilds, triple fuel pump, he will hook you up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    WELCOME TO THE HULK,

you are on the right track, the 3 major things, replace the fuel lines, rebuild the carbs and go to a triple outlet fuel pump. if you even have some mechanical ability no reason to have someone do the work for you, John Zigler www.Watcon.com has Genuine Mikuni rebuild kits, he sells i believe for 150 dollars, everything you need will be in that kit. as far as the oil block off. no reason to do that the oil injection is reliable, the oil lines...not so much.... and welcome to the world of John Zigler, has everything you need, fuel filters, fuel lines, carb rebuilds, triple fuel pump, he will hook you up.
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate any input! I will deff be checking out that website. Crossed it in passing but didn't know who to visit to get the right parts. Heard some things about some websites selling bad fuel lines that would hold up... Gotta be careful out there!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

You can find more useful Polaris info by clicking the web links in my signature.
    Last edited by K447; 04-30-2013 at 08:39 AM.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhitsonjr View Post
    WELCOME TO THE HULK,

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate any input! I will deff be checking out that website. Crossed it in passing but didn't know who to visit to get the right parts. Heard some things about some websites selling bad fuel lines that would hold up... Gotta be careful out there!
    We also offer carb rebuilding if you want / need. You can send them in.

we have fuel line by the foot. triple outlet fuel pump up grade kits, new fuel select valves ( also important to replace), our own RCJS spec genuine Mikuni carb rebuild kit - one kit covers all three carbs, and includes new needle and seats, most any gaskets, NGK spark plugs, and more if you need.

Feel free to call the shop during hours, if I can help.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhitsonjr View Post
    WELCOME TO THE HULK,

We also offer carb rebuilding if you want / need. You can send them in.

we have fuel line by the foot. triple outlet fuel pump up grade kits, new fuel select valves ( also important to replace), our own RCJS spec genuine Mikuni carb rebuild kit - one kit covers all three carbs, and includes new needle and seats, most any gaskets, NGK spark plugs, and more if you need.

Feel free to call the shop during hours, if I can help.

This is the guy you wanna use, and trust using, he has done multiple things for me and I have NO Complaints! he knows his stuff!

9. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    John is THE go to guy for the Mikuni carbs on these Polaris machines. His kits only include the parts you need and will save you about 60-80 bucks over buying the Mikuni kits and ending up with a bunch of parts you don't need.

You are on the right track. With the spark plug wires, usually just cutting them back 1/4 inch and re attaching the boots is enough.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Well it's like this! Today I decided to take the Carb off and boy was I in for a big surprise. Had no idea it would be such a tight space but once I found the bolts and got started I was puling off the first part I've removed from this ski. (Well any ski for that matter!) As I removed the fire arrestor and the carb I noticed that these parts were coated in a light film of oil. Anything to worry about? What do I clean the screen in the FA with? I also took the liberty of taking off the intake so that I could inspect the reeds and they look flawless! I'm shocked to find the owner was really telling the truth. I've heard so much to never take the previous owners work for it when it comes to the condition of these aged skis. Remember like I said he was the original owner. I'm right back to the same question the reeds are coated in a light oil do I clean this or leave it alone? If I clean them what do I use? I'll be calling John for sure! Lastly now that I've broken the gasket on the intake I'm guessing there is a kit? Same for the Carb? Thanks for all you guys go without you having a love for this sport and those that carry parts are what keep us going. Without you we wouldn't even attempt half of what we do.

Banned User
    +1
    The oil is not a problem at all. John will have the gaskets you need as well. You will need the 3 carb gaskets and 6 reed cage gaskets.

+1
    Eureka! Performed a compression test today. Good news I guess? Each cylinder after 2 tests on each cylinder they all reached 110psi on a loaner tool from Auto Zone. Please tell me what your thoughts are before I send the carbs for rebuild. The engine sounded normal when cranking and I cranked it until it stopped building pressure on all cylinders which was about 4-5 seconds. Also noticed when I hooked battery up that the ski cranks without the safety key underneath the stop button! Guess I'm gonna need another part? Thanks in advance. Oh and btw took advance from replies and John Zigler will be doing my carb rebuild. I know it will get done right!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information