+1

Port St Joe Marina

My wife and I will be going down to PCB in early May and want to cruise down to Port St Joe. We are thinking we would like to stop at the local marina restaraunt to stretch legs, eat, etc. We've only ridden in local lake and rivers and have no experience docking in Marina's. Is it obvious where we would dock? Do we need to call ahead and make a reservation for dockage? Any tips for this trip? I've visited pwctrailfinder.com to look at the route.

Thanks,

Marc

+1
    I'm not sure what's on the map, but click to this link: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html then scroll down to "Panama City to Port St. Jo". Zoom in tight and click on any of the icons for location &/or contact info. You can use the micro-map on the above link but you can get a better view by clicking the blue "Larger Map" link. I hope this helps.

+1
    wanna check out that part of the state this year,drove thru the destin area recently,looked cool.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat View Post
    wanna check out that part of the state this year,drove thru the destin area recently,looked cool.
    Kaybat, I've not gone east of Destin, but Crab Island in Destin harbor is very nice as well as the trail that goes west to Pensacola. A number of small uninhabited islands are there to hang out on. Very nice stuff on the inside of the Panhandle.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    I'm not sure what's on the map, but click to this link: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html then scroll down to "Panama City to Port St. Jo". Zoom in tight and click on any of the icons for location &/or contact info. You can use the micro-map on the above link but you can get a better view by clicking the blue "Larger Map" link. I hope this helps.
    Thanks 83. I've looked there...excellent site and that's where I got the idea for the ride. I will call the marina before our trip and hopefully get an idea of their procedures. I plan to take pics along the way and give a complete trip report on pwctrailfinder.com.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skubadad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Thanks 83. I've looked there...excellent site and that's where I got the idea for the ride. I will call the marina before our trip and hopefully get an idea of their procedures. I plan to take pics along the way and give a complete trip report on pwctrailfinder.com.
    Wow! That would be great and I appreciate the offer. As you prob. noticed, I'm a TR fan - I think these little reports are one of the best ways to help the next guy plan a trip to someplace new. Just say the word when you're ready and good luck w/your trip.

I live in PCB. There are a ton of places to dock in St. Andrews and PCB, mainly restaurants though. A couple off the top of my head are The Boatyard, Uncle Earnies and Gracie Reys. If you are bringing skis you can put them in at St Andrews State park and cruise around Shell Island and the pass. I think the cost is something like $5 per person or $5 per axle, open dust til dawn.
    If you are in the pass area just to the east, around 200 yards, there is usually a pod of dolphins.
    If you are military or have access to Tyndall AFB you can use our marina, it's free to launch and store your trailer for the day.
    On another note there are quite a few public marinas in Panama City and Panama City Beach. It just depends if you feel like cruising around the bay or just in the beach area.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    ...both ends of Hathaway bridge have free public ramps.

Thread Information