Triple pipe pressure test

Well I have my triple pipe ski disassembled. Cylinders are getting bored. I figured I would check on the pipes. Reading some other posts it seems that to pressure test you just pressurize the water chambers. Is it not necessary to pressurize the exhaust chambers? It would be a challenge to find the right PVC pieces to block them off but doable. So does everyone just check the water chambers for leaks?

Banned User
    +1
    Check both it's simple

+1
    Well since the water jacket surrounds the exhaust chamber, aren't you essentially checking both at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Well since the water jacket surrounds the exhaust chamber, aren't you essentially checking both at the same time?
    Good call. Plus checking the water jackets will be a heck of a lot easier then checking both.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    +1

So there are 6 pieces in my triple pipe set and 4 out of 6 are leaking some worse than others. Pretty bad news. I called factory pipe before I did the pressure test and they were a bit ambiguous on what the warranty policy is. They did mention that the turnaround time was a few months. Not sure what to do now. I guess I should probably just send them there?

+1
    Depends on where the leaks are. If you know someone good with a TIG you can have them repaired, same thing FPP will do. A leak at a bracket or near the stinger isnt all that hard to repair - even one in the middle of the chamber isnt that bad once you figure out exactly where it is-you have to cut a window out to get to it and then weld the window back in. I should have shot some pics of pipes ive repaired to better explain it
    Quote Originally Posted by ucf_motorcycle View Post
    So there are 6 pieces in my triple pipe set and 4 out of 6 are leaking some worse than others. Pretty bad news. I called factory pipe before I did the pressure test and they were a bit ambiguous on what the warranty policy is. They did mention that the turnaround time was a few months. Not sure what to do now. I guess I should probably just send them there?

Thread Information