+1

Speed Control Overide Module Removal

Fixing to remove SCOM to install V- Tech tune. Is there a trick to remove the wires used to install the SCOM from the underside of the fuse panel once they are clicked in place for installation?

+1
    Not sure why you would remove the wires since the Riva SCOM is worthless to anyone else, just unplug SCOM throw in nearest trash receptacle. It is keyed to the ski from what I understand from Riva unless It’s different for you model for some reason. Now doesn’t that feel great! Been there done that. Plus if you want to add any of the other SeaDoo modules or other accessories you are already wired up.

If you really want to remove it you can take something skinny and long and push in the front side of the block along the side of the pin that has the little catch on it. Push up on the wire a little when you doing it and then pull it back through. A dental tool works good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Not sure why you would remove the wires since the Riva SCOM is worthless to anyone else, just unplug SCOM throw in nearest trash receptacle. It is keyed to the ski from what I understand from Riva unless It’s different for you model for some reason. Now doesn’t that feel great! Been there done that. Plus if you want to add any of the other SeaDoo modules or other accessories you are already wired up.

If you really want to remove it you can take something skinny and long and push in the front side of the block along the side of the pin that has the little catch on it. Push up on the wire a little when you doing it and then pull it back through. A dental tool works good.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post

+1
    Thanks for the info! If I can't sell it I got my moneys worth out of it. I will call Riva and check because I think I have heard on some models it could be reused.

+1
    100% that it can no longer be used on another ski once it has been powered up on one. However, if you get that wiring out clean, PM me! I could use it.

Thread Information