Thread: Carb parts

Carb parts

Ok so im new here and I know this has kind of been covered but here goes anyway. I have a 98 spx that am in the middle of an unexpected resto cause the dude that sold it to me way over stated the condition it was in. I want to eliminate the accelorator pump and rejet the carbs to 96 XP specs. First problem is around my area there seems to be nowhere to get the jets for the carbs or the springs and needle and seat assemblies. Anyone know a place online thtas reliable to order from and can someone tell me if im right with mains 147.5, pilots 60 1.5 needle and seat with silver springs. Any help would be awesome thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sink79 View Post
    Ok so im new here and I know this has kind of been covered but here goes anyway. I have a 98 spx that am in the middle of an unexpected resto cause the dude that sold it to me way over stated the condition it was in. I want to eliminate the accelorator pump and rejet the carbs to 96 XP specs. First problem is around my area there seems to be nowhere to get the jets for the carbs or the springs and needle and seat assemblies. Anyone know a place online thtas reliable to order from and can someone tell me if im right with mains 147.5, pilots 60 1.5 needle and seat with silver springs. Any help would be awesome thanks.
    Does it have the stock flame arrestors? Or prok, k&n, or R&D?
    This will be a factor on what NS's, spring rating, and jetting.
    Perry Performance Group is good, talk to Rob in parts for jets and needle seats.
    I usually get all my new parts from them. I may have some used jets and needle seats i could sell you but you are better off replacing needle seats with new.

Yeah its completely stock. Does perry perf ship to canada that you know of?

+1
    They Probably do ship to Canada, 954-929-1636 they are closed on monday. Call Rob tomorrow. If you are eliminating the accel pumps. You should run 70 pilots 140 mains with the pto high speed adjuster open 1/4 to 1/2 out mag adjuster shut. If ya want to shut both adjusters, put a 142.5 main in the pto carb. You need 1.5 N/S's and 80 gram (black) springs.

Awesome thanks for the info its a huge help been stuck for a while and the weather is starting to turn around and I what to be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Sink79 View Post
    Awesome thanks for the info its a huge help been stuck for a while and the weather is starting to turn around and I what to be ready.
    if perry can't help, call the guys over at jet-world.net I've ordered jets from there several times, so far they've always had what I needed in stock.

Thread Information