Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

08 RXP----First mods:exhaust/air intake/intake?s

Hey fellas i've been searching and reading quite a bit trying to figure this info out. Im more of a stand up guy and like to ride my superjet a lot but i've also had an 08 RXP (completely stock) that i got new in 09. Always fun to have both to ride whatever sounds good at the moment. ANYWAYS, i spend a lot of time on the stand up forums and just dont know nearly as much on the RXP as i do the SJ. My question is whats a good starting point for my rxp? I'm thinking these mods for now: fizzle 4" air intake, rive pro series waterbox for 08+ (wish i could use the 07 one as its way cheaper), riva rear exhaust outlet kit, exhaust coupler kit, and an OPAS block off. Was thinking just the standard $100 buck kit as i'm not really trying to squeeze out every mph and money doesnt grow on tress for me. My main purpose is an all around fun ski with doing 180s/360s, wake jumping and def some top speed to dry off haha. Any other bang for the buck mods i should go for? Also i'll be having these things installed b/c i just dont have the time/shop/tools to get it done (mainly time). How much would a normal shop charge? Anyone know a good place in north DFW? Hey thanks in advance fellas and sorry if this is always coming up, i tried to search for someone like me already asking.

+1
    Do a rear exhaust , run a rear 4 inch intake ..

If its a 215 , ET 127 drop in wheel and 42 inj ...

Add a skaty 15/20 prop , u may need to re pitch ...

Or just a an ET 127 with 42 inj and prop with give u the best bang for ur dollar ...
    This will put a smile our face ...

+1
    hey man im located in the DFW area as well and if your looking to just get some extra power and sound good your mod list is pretty decent. if your trying to save a few bucks id defintely run a fizzle intake and the cheapo OPAS block offs (thats what i run). Id highly recommend you buy a TDR water box, i have one and they sound absolutely amazing and they are alot cheaper than the riva. if you dont mind spending the money id run a Riva thru-Hull (which you can get a discount on if you order from this site and use the code "greenhulk"). or you could always order the TDR box which uses the same outlets as stock set up so u can even run it on stock exhaust and maybe remove the resonator and straight pipe it for a couple bucks utilizing the stock exit.

I dont think you would need to buy a new prop you could always tweak your stocker for an extra mph or 2 if ur tryin to save a couple bucks.

Next step would be a super charger impeller that would give you a few extra lbs of boost. I ran a Riva Gen 2 on my 09 when it was completely stock and defintely noticed a huge difference and u can run it on stock injectors. If you want to max out that charger you could run a ET-127 but that would require 42s (injectors) like SLASHER was sayin. Those run you an extra 200 bucks and the impellers are in the 400 range.

another thing id do is keep an eye on the Classfields section of the forum theres always good deals floatin around.

and on those mods man im pretty sure you could knock em out urself or if ud like i wouldnt mind helpin out. Someone on this site saved my ass from a world of hurt and huge bills at a shop while teaching me alot about these things so least i can do is return the favor.

-Troy

4. +1 by:

+1
    The ET 127 wheel + 42'' will give you the most difference than all mods you stated. Ad a 4'' filter and you are ok. Exhaust improvements at this stage will only improve sound and will not make a noticeable difference in speed and acceleration.

I've got around 70 hrs on the ski at the moment, i know i'll need to rebuild at 100 is that a good time to add the ET 127 and 42s? Or you mentioned a Riva gen 2, i'm assuming thats a diff SC'er?! I feel like i want exhaust mainly to hear a nice purr haha, i've always loved a grumbling exhaust in anything i ride/drive. I'll def look into the TDR waterbox. If i just subbed in the TDR waterbox for the riva one, would that still be everything i need for the thru hull exhaust? How about an intake grate, think my stocker has a bar broke... Thanks fellas and Boost-a-holic i really appreciate the offer and will keep that in mind, i'm the same way with my SJ and learning from those on guys on the forums.

I was about to ask where to buy the TDR waterbox bc i assumed you could through here but just googled it and found bansheedepot.com. Im assuming thats a good place and it seems like they have everything there to do the exhaust.

+1
    yeah just google tony ducas racing they sound good

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMG006 View Post
    I was about to ask where to buy the TDR waterbox bc i assumed you could through here but just googled it and found bansheedepot.com. Im assuming thats a good place and it seems like they have everything there to do the exhaust.
    yeah thats where i bought mine from and yeah the TDR box will work with a Riva thru-hull thats what im currently running.

You should ask mikelytle about his DIY stage 1 RXP....that thing rips and im pretty sure it didnt cost him much at all. heres a clip of his stage one vs my stage 2+.

Camera ski is the stage 1

If money doesn't grow on trees, I wouldn't waste money on exhaust. No sense in sounding tough and watch somebody beat you because they did the speed mods. Air intake, intake grate, prop, pump wedge, ride plate holes, charger wheel and injectors.

+1
    There's nothing better than hearing straight through exhaust and someone damn near full superman running 65.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information