Rerouting gas filler hose

I have a 2003 Yamaha WaveRunner XLT 800, I'm trying to reroute my filler hose for my gas. I've put the block off plate on so my oil hose is useless now so I want to reroute the gas hose from the tank to the oil filler neck since the gas filler neck is all the way at the front of the Waverunner... does anybody know if there is a kit to do so or does anybody have any suggestions on how to successfully and safely do this? thanks for reading any suggestions would be appreciated

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    I'm sure it can be done - but why are you wanting to do it?

+1
    I am curious, why would you want to re-route your fuel fill hose all the way from the back side of the tank using an even longer fill hose to run to the front side of the tank? Whats the point? Enlighten us...please.

[QUOTEshowmepro1200;2130479]I'm sure it can be done - but why are you wanting to do it?[/QUOTE]

some people may call it lazy I call it conveniently improvising, but its for the convenience of not having to get off the ski to fuel it when i pull up to the fueling dock at a Marina...its the way my sea doo was designed ( whether that was stock or not I'm not sure of) and i found it to be much easier

the fuel filler neck is located so far on the front i can't reach it to fuel it without getting off... the oil filler neck is located on the left side behind the handle bar... maybe its just me but it just makes sense to have the gas filler neck in that location

+1
    yes, you can do it

you will have to drill a larger hole to mount the larger fuel filler socket and cap, and either get some automotive universal fuel filler hose, or extend the factory fuel filler hose in the center. I have an XL800 here and it looks like it will work and clear the bucket fine

you should be able to pick up a used cap/socket assy from someone on here parting out a ski no problem... hell I have a couple in stock

just remember to glue your old cap on so you dont accidently fill the hull with fuel. lol

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawCowboy View Post
    [QUOTEshowmepro1200;2130479]I'm sure it can be done - but why are you wanting to do it?
    some people may call it lazy I call it conveniently improvising, but its for the convenience of not having to get off the ski to fuel it when i pull up to the fueling dock at a Marina...its the way my sea doo was designed ( whether that was stock or not I'm not sure of) and i found it to be much easier[/QUOTE]

You know I had a feeling it was a convenience, 'not get off the ski' kind of thing. Yeah I call it lazy

I always use the fill up time as an opportunity to pull the seat and check on things. And in realiity they recommend you pull the seat to air the engine compartment out during fueling anyway.

Oh well. Make sure you're paid up on the life insurance, so the wifey and kids have financial security when you're gone.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    just remember to glue your old cap on so you dont accidently fill the hull with fuel. lol

Ting-ting -20 gallon
    Ting-ting-30 gallon

Thread Information