Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Solas DF 13/22R

+1

Solas DF 13/22R

I've done a lot of checking around on this forum and others. It seems there is a split between whether or not the Solas DF 13/22R is a good prop for a Stage 1 or Stage 1+ ski. I haven't had the opportunity to test my ski out since installing my Solas impeller, but it seems people are split almost 50/50 between repitching a stock impeller or going with a new one. Riva sells this impeller as part of their Stage 1 kit so it must not be that bad. I know people have said that it actually specs out at a true 13/21, not 13/22. I'm looking for feedback on this impeller from guys that currently run it or have run it with a Stage 1 or Stage 1+ ski, stock ECU, Stock wheel. Just looking for real world info.

+1
    yes that is a good prop it can be ordered from the online store, I ran this prop with the stage one and still run it now with the added ECU and intercooler, now as you add power you will have some cavitation out of the hole but IMO its not bad as i dont do many WOT from a stop just for fun unless someone is beside me

+1
    When I had the 13/22r on my stage 1 ski in the beginning, I was hitting the limiter and had to get it pitched.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    When I had the 13/22r on my stage 1 ski in the beginning, I was hitting the limiter and had to get it pitched.
    Wow, so with just Stage 1 mods and stock ECU/Wheel you were still on the limiter....your ski must have been making some power. I thought this impeller was designed to keep you off the limiter with Stage 1 mods. Were you on the limiter just out of the hole or on the top end as well ?

+1
    stock ecu/wheel and stage 1 ...yes...on the limiter. Out of the hole a lot of cavitation and at WOT you can feel the engine pulling back. I remember thinking "wow after all these upgrades it feels slower"...after the prop was pitched it was a lot better, but still had cavitation at the bottom. I don't think the 13/22r cavitates as much on an fzr as it does on a sho though

+1
    I am facing the same delima right now with choosing an impeller.

+1
    location, loacation, location makes a difference when talking about staying off the stock limiter a ski could run 7600 then go far south and you will be on the limiter

+1
    I'm in houston Tx, so I'll probably be on the rev limiter with the stock prop. I am thinking that I will need more trailing than 22. I plan on getting the R2 reflash and ride plate next month but I need a impeller like NOW! The current impeller has been abused and has a crack in it.

+1
    Jim has put hundreds of these propellers on skis. Reach out to him and consider sending the prop to him for "truing" and repitch. I understand that they are never perfect out of the box. Also consider changing the wear ring if there is any wear whatsoever. Does make a big difference based on when I replaced my OEM impeller with another OEM impeller which he repitched.

Now here is another key to consider (Part of Stage 1 but some don't do it). If you are going to do the seal kit and reinforce the pump tunnel you almost have to do the SS impeller because the ferrite material can't hold up to the forces of pressure that will occur and could crack or even break. If you are doing the impeller you might as well get the benefit of it by also doing the seal kit which cause you to have to do the pump reinforcement.

+1
    Thanks Vince C, I took a look last night at the wear ring and I did not see or feel and groves worn into in (has 104.3hrs on it), so I am hoping that I'll be ok with the new impeller but I'm guessing that i should change it anyhow. I actually ordered the 13/22r impeller yesterday, should be in early next week due to good friday and the easter holiday. I'll order the seal kit and pump reinforcement today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information