Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

blow off, blow-by

anyone ever have thier blow-by sensor on the water pump that regulates engine pressures go bad? I'm running a stage 3 plus rude charger and today at the lake the engine shut down acting like it ran out of fuel, it would restart almost every time only to die again right away, when I got the ski to shore I noticed that the catch can for the engine blow off was full of what looks like oil but I think its fuel. anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by skillet View Post
    anyone ever have thier blow-by sensor on the water pump that regulates engine pressures go bad? I'm running a stage 3 plus rude charger and today at the lake the engine shut down acting like it ran out of fuel, it would restart almost every time only to die again right away, when I got the ski to shore I noticed that the catch can for the engine blow off was full of what looks like oil but I think its fuel. anybody?
    Are you saying your catch can was completely full? If it is completely full, bad rings may be the cause. A compression and leak down test would be a good start. Also, if it looks and smells like gas you may be running way rich and dumping to much fuel. I am assuming you are controlling your fuel with a piggy back controller.
    Last edited by Red Devil; 02-21-2007 at 07:31 PM.

It was half full, Iam using the ecu that auto regulates the fuel mixture. my compression is great all the way across, we did put a dry break on the ski last night and I thought that maybe the fuel screen became clogged and was causing my problem it definatley is starving for fuel

running riva pro series ecu

It was half full, Iam using the ecu that auto regulates the fuel mixture. my compression is great all the way across, we did put a dry break on the ski last night and I thought that maybe the fuel screen became clogged and was causing my problem it definatley is starving for fuel
    Good the compression checked out.... I was thinking a fuel problem too. Can you hear the fuel pump kick in when you attach the lanyard???

yes, but the big thing is the sensor that sits on top of the water pump (held on by 2 bolts) is getting very hot and buzzing, when hooked up to b.u.d.s. sometimes it will throw a coil code... but it has fire on all cylinders. if you rev the ski it will eventually starve out of fuel and die

fuel pressure also read good

We ecountered the same problem and ended up removing the Tops valve and instaling a block off plate and also mount the Catch can well above the Cylinder head.

We welded a 3/4 male fitting in the Rocker cover.....

Our Ski runs over 330hp and 14.5lbs boost

Our Rings are fine, Compression is fine!

Same deal Fuel and Oil in catch can after every Race.......

Even with the above setup......I dont have the answer but it has never caused me an engine failure or problem yet.....Drain it after each ride and keep the oil topped up....

Check the Following:
    Seal behind the Supercharger
    Oil too High.

yes, but the big thing is the sensor that sits on top of the water pump (held on by 2 bolts) is getting very hot and buzzing, when hooked up to b.u.d.s. sometimes it will throw a coil code... but it has fire on all cylinders. if you rev the ski it will eventually starve out of fuel and die
    Wow, never heard of that going bad before. How much for that to be replaced?

this ski is making some great horse power with that rude s/c, what is the tops valve? is it located under the valve cover? my catch can is mounted up near the gas cap so it is much higher

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information