Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki 260X

+1

Kawasaki 260X

I am looking at a Kawasaki 260X. It is a 2009. It ingested some water. I beleive salt water. It still starts, the mechanic says the engine needs to take it apart to determine whats wrong. He is asking 4K on a 09' trailer. Is this worth picking up? What can I expect to need to do to fix it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    I am looking at a Kawasaki 260X. It is a 2009. It ingested some water. I beleive salt water. It still starts, the mechanic says the engine needs to take it apart to determine whats wrong. He is asking 4K on a 09' trailer. Is this worth picking up? What can I expect to need to do to fix it?
    it can cost you alot,i Just sold mine same year in prestine condition for 8K. even if it start, there could be alot of damage done if thing hasn't be done right after the injestion. you can easilly spend more then what it worth. Here in Canada the price of parts is way higher then US.

+1
    I'm looking at one in the states but sounds like a good buyer beware not to buy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    it can cost you alot,i Just sold mine same year in prestine condition for 8K. even if it start, there could be alot of damage done if thing hasn't be done right after the injestion. you can easilly spend more then what it worth. Here in Canada the price of parts is way higher then US.
    Not to hijack this thread, but you can order parts through a US Kawi dealership and have them sent to you.

+1
    without knowing exactly what need to be repaired into the engine, the amount of money you'll put into it can play from $1000 to $4000 and it depend who's doing the job, how much salt water have been injested, how long before it have been flush and fog. These are performance engine and are costly to repair, If you try to cut corner to save money it will come back on you. You need to tear it all apart and start from there, crankshaft, bearings, valve, is just a sample of parts that could be damage.

IMO, 4000K is not a deal, it's the full price for a ski in that situation
    Good luck

Banned User
    +1
    Yep that's a awful deal. Run run run away.

+1
    i defintely would not do it. I sunk my RXP and ingested water out in the ocean one time and literally immediately started getting it all out. Problem with salt water is that it will start to corrode within 48 hours. If that thing ingested water a while back and still needs to be looked at then i would hate myself to be the person to find out lol.

+1
    exactly, the time of reaction after water ingestion is critical and the procedure have to be done right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    i defintely would not do it. I sunk my RXP and ingested water out in the ocean one time and literally immediately started getting it all out. Problem with salt water is that it will start to corrode within 48 hours. If that thing ingested water a while back and still needs to be looked at then i would hate myself to be the person to find out lol.

A would not buy a used 2009 260X unless you know EXACTLY how the Ski was cared for and by whom. Even then, the odds are still stacked against you. If you are bent on a 260, the 2010 260X is a much better Ski . . . it has some significant upgrades which help in the reliability area. JB

Why not ask seller to take it to dealer and get inspection and repair estimate? Then you know. If its the 2009 black, blue and silver 260X, regardless of motor condition, she is priceless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information