Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Upgrading from an ET Low Boost to an ET 15.5 Wheel

For those that have done it, what sort of mods are recommended when going from an ET Low Boost to a 15.5 wheel? I already have a RRFPR, R3 and a FAST Wideband to check AFR's. My SC has an R&D Billet Shaft and I have a brand new 2013 clutch and idler. If I do the upgrade I will be getting the Pink STi injectors as well. Anything else I should do?? With the change in wheels is there any need to use a different spark plug?

Here's a quick run down of the rest of my engine combo so you know if there is anything else I should get:

ET Low Boost
    R3
    Fizzle IC with dedicated cooling
    HKS BOV
    Riva Intake
    R&D Ribbon delete

Also, any suggestions for where I should be looking at Fuel pressure wise and should I set up the regulator static or rising rate?

Banned User
    +1
    No need to change plugs, these wheels are known for breaking shafts but you already have the rd one so your good there. I believe your gonna need to upgrade your fuel pump even tho your gonna buy the pink injectors. Probably going to need to pitch that prop or get the new 15/22 one to get the max out of it. Hope that helps.

+1
    Thinking of doing the same. Never heard of the ET 15.5 breaking shafts though.

+1
    Not sure if it's absolutely necessary, but I think you'd need to have the ECU reflashed to a tune that supports the larger injectors...like the R8.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Not sure if it's absolutely necessary, but I think you'd need to have the ECU reflashed to a tune that supports the larger injectors...like the R8.
    From what I have seen most people are running this setup with just an R3 and then compensating through the regulator.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert_Fzr View Post
    No need to change plugs, these wheels are known for breaking shafts but you already have the rd one so your good there. I believe your gonna need to upgrade your fuel pump even tho your gonna buy the pink injectors. Probably going to need to pitch that prop or get the new 15/22 one to get the max out of it. Hope that helps.
    Yeah I was thinking that I might need to look into a fuel pump. As for the prop, I am running a Skat 15/23 right now but also have a 14/21 Dynafly I can use as well as one of Jims tweaked 13/22R's. I had thought about getting one of those 15/22's anyway to test with.

Banned User
    +1
    Rivas new automotive pump seems to be working pretty good, also walbro 255 works very well,
    I know about 4 ppl that broke their stock shafts using that 15.5 lots of vibration on that wheel with hks BOV, it will be reduced if you use a bigger Bov such as TIAL 50mm or any other bigger than the 38mm HKS.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    From what I have seen most people are running this setup with just an R3 and then compensating through the regulator.
    Yeah, I know. It just seems like a clumsy way to do it & would make it challenging to get the AFR's where you want them through the whole rev range. I've never used a RRFPR so I can't say for sure without having done it myself. If it were me I'd probably just spend the $180 on a mapping change & save myself a bunch of trial & error, then use the FPR for fine tuning.

+1
    Rivas new automotive pump seems to be working pretty good, also walbro 255 works very well,
    I know about 4 ppl that broke their stock shafts using that 15.5 lots of vibration on that wheel with hks BOV, it will be reduced if you use a bigger Bov such as TIAL 50mm or any other bigger than the 38mm HKS.
    I have always had great luck with Aeromotive stuff and I'm sure that Riva pump is no exception. I thought I had heard that with the larger pumps and injectors people were having a hard time getting the right AFR's, almost too much fuel. I might be thinking of something else though... I know the TIAL BOV's are superior, just not sure how I would make that work since I have a HKS flange on my Fizzle IC.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    I have always had great luck with Aeromotive stuff and I'm sure that Riva pump is no exception. I thought I had heard that with the larger pumps and injectors people were having a hard time getting the right AFR's, almost too much fuel. I might be thinking of something else though... I know the TIAL BOV's are superior, just not sure how I would make that work since I have a HKS flange on my Fizzle IC.
    Gotta cut the hks flange, expand to 50mm weld the tial flange, clean the intercooler and thats it. Its worth it.
    Last edited by Albert_Fzr; 03-27-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information