Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

05 r12x water in oil

jUST GOT DUPED, bought this ski and failed to check oil, it is white as milk, runs good out of water, going to check compression, started to flush oil, did it once with a hand pump what a joke, and still white as can be, reved it up and noticed the turbo arm does not move its not stuck, this ski has 60 hours on it. any help on checking to find out where the leak is getting into the oil? thanks.

Compression test

3. +1 by:

+1
    Exhaust manifold is the likely culprit. You will need to change oil at least 3 times to be sure to get all the water out. Dont let it sit with that contaminated oil in it.
    Buy some cheap oil and substitute one quart of oil with automatic transmission fluid to flush out contaminants in the first round. search the post, as you can
    pick up filters for this procedure
    cheaper than the honda factory ones as you flush it out.

5. +1 by:

+1
    thank you for the replys, I bought this ski, for an extra, Looks like I will have to buy another compression tester as the good one I have does not fit, used a Habor frieght on that I have and know it is good for checking if PSI is the same but not a final total psi reading, looks to be within 7 psi of each other. with milky oil.
    Bought another hand pump and been flushing with what I have on hand 10w 30 synthetic, went through 10 quarts and been dumping whats in the filter each time as well, still alittle milky but progress, have to buy some more oil for round three of flushing, took off intake hose to turbo and checked for play, there is none.
    Ok so Exhaust manafold I will see what I can find on that, going to tear into it, this does suck as I hate to hook it to the hose to ruin the flush that I am doing so only flushing, running alittle and letting sit to cool, I do not run it any more than I should, sides and exhaust I can still touch and hold.
    Turbo arm does not move when running and reving motor?????????

+1
    Got the side panel off to get to Manafold, tightened each bolt to a 1/4 turn, flushed out oil, what to do now, the service manual is useless, want to hook up to hose but I cant, dont want water back in the oil, so how to test things to find out where the leak is?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Most of the time it comes from the exhaust manifold it gets ate up from salt water and water gets into exhaust stream and get into your oil through turbo........only way to get manifold off is to pull motor, or pull head........also this milky oil will destroy your turbo bearing.......so pull that and clean with carb cleaner...........

9. +1 by:

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    oil cooler, or seals could be a issue........water freeze and bust cooler water in oil........

11. +1 by:

+1
    thank you, just got in and was pulling turbo, its out of the ski, there was white oil running up the blue hose from turbo, I have to pull the motor to take off manifold oh S^%$ #$$% &^%$%#[email protected]#@ SORRY ok it is what it is. Motor will come out.

+1
    Think rick might be on to something . if someone ran it on hose but turned water on before motor was running or left water on after shut down it could have over pressurized the engine/exhaust and got in that way . I think it has to do with the muffler filling up with water and running back into cylinder . but not 100% on that.

14. +1 by:

+1
    If the ski was stored outside, it could have water injested from the crank vent from the hull filling up with rainwater. I have seen that before. To fix all it needed was to flush the oil.
    The turbo wastegate will NOT move on the trailer. It needs a lot of load before you will see anything. The actuator PUSHES the arm, not pull. Be careful, you could break it easily.

16. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information