Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

GTX LIMITED intake grate and impeller

Hi everybody,

a friend of mine has the gtx limited 260 is and wants to get something extra. So we are thinking of changing the intake grate and the impeller. any suggestions???? keep in mind that the engine is stock!!!!

Thanks

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Riva recommend a 15/20 along with a free flow exhaust 4inch air filter and scom....
    I think it will be fine with these mods.

3. +1 by:

+1
    If all you do is the Intake Grate and Impeller you won't pick up any performance. Your speed limiter will hold you back! If you add those 2 mods and a SCOM you will gain 3 MPH. Save your money on the SCOM and go the reflash route or V-Tech. I have done the Mods on my GTX LTD 2011 so I am speaking from my personal experience!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moultrie rxp View Post
    If all you do is the Intake Grate and Impeller you won't pick up any performance. Your speed limiter will hold you back! If you add those 2 mods and a SCOM you will gain 3 MPH. Save your money on the SCOM and go the reflash route or V-Tech. I have done the Mods on my GTX LTD 2011 so I am speaking from my personal experience!!!!
    thanks for the info.Even though there is no speed limiter for the european skis. He justs wants to wake it up a little bit! thanks for the info though!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by koftis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moultrie rxp View Post
    thanks for the info.Even though there is no speed limiter for the european skis. He justs wants to wake it up a little bit! thanks for the info though!!!

Im a sorry but you are very wrong about european skis with no speed limiter!!! I have a International RS ECU also and was limited to 72mph, until I V-Tech re-flashed it. Moultrie rxp is correct in everything he said, you need to listen to his advise......anything you install on that ski will bump up against the stock ECU limits until they are removed one way or the other.

Here is a great post from Jerry from way back in Jan 2011, explaining how the STOCK ECUs are programmed and how the SCOM ONLY removes the GPS speed limit. The Engine RPM limit 8040 RPM and Torque limit are still in place. Therefore, the SCOM is big paper weight and waste of money at this point!!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...highlight=SCOM

TUNING INFORMATION:
    The iControl Engine Management System has several factory limitations that must be considered when tuning/modifying your
    watercraft.

GPS Controlled Speed Limiter:
    U.S. models are governed to 67mph and International models are governed to 72mph. Note that this is actual speed as measured
    by hand held GPS and not speed displayed on instrument cluster. Speed limiter function is completely removed on both U.S. and
    International models when using RIVA Speed Control Override Module.

Engine RPM Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a factory engine RPM limiter set at 8,040rpm. Target engine RPM for modified applications
    should be 7,900-8,000rpm. The design of the iControl engine rev limiter allows the craft to run closer to limit than previous
    generation Sea-Doo’s without surging or losing power. iControl system will automatically close throttle as needed to reduce RPM if
    engine rev limit is reached.

Torque Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a control system that calculates throttle position, boost pressure & engine RPM to limit maximum torque. When torque limit is exceeded, system will close throttle as needed to stay within factory specifications.

+1
    15/20 for a stock GTX iS ski if you aren't going to do anything about the RPM/SPEED limits.
    15/21 if you have 4 inch air intake.

+1
    What gains could be expected from the 15/21 and the 4 inch Air Intake if you still have the Speed Limiter and Stock RPM limiter??????

+1
    speed, take off and mid range... Other factors come into play like weather and climate... But you should get a bit of everything just from an impeller.

+1
    Assuming a STOCK ECU the following will all help hole shot, acceleration, and throttle response:

4" air intake
    remove intake manifold filter
    R&D grate
    Solas 15/21
    stock 83mm venturi nozzle

With all the above he will hit 8040 rpm and 72mph QUICKER, but then HIT the ECU limiter wall.

If that is acceptable "to wake it up", this is a great start. If he gets on this site he will be re-flashing the ECU in no time!

+1
    Where do you run a 4" air intake on a IS ski???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information