Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

1994 and 95 seadoo spx and xp

I found both at very cheap going to pick both up tomorrow or day after. Both are not runs one need new lower half and new pistons other needs rebuild kit. Both have clear title.

Any idea what am I about to get myself into? I already have three running jet ski. I might keep this stored in my shop until I have extra money to start fix both up I heard early xp is one of fun jet ski to ride on I never own or ride on early xp before I hope what they said about that are true.

The purple and green in pic not yellow one (owner keep the yellow)

My mistaken not spx its spi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo pair.jpg 
Views:	1628 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	296105  
    Last edited by Seakid; 03-27-2013 at 09:27 PM.

+1
    Is it junk? Do I need to run away and don't take it?

+1
    Why won't the owner sell the yellow one? It looks like a 95xp, it would be the pick of the litter. It has the X4 hull, 720 85hp engine, and the extended pump (only offered on a 95xp) the extended pump added 1 or 2 mph. The vts works very well with an extended pump. I wouldn't mess with the spi. The only two i would take is the 94xp and the 95xp. I would walk away from the deal without the 95xp included.

+1
    Last edited by Seakid; 03-27-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: mistaken double post

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyne717xp View Post
    Why won't the owner sell the yellow one? It looks like a 95xp, it would be the pick of the litter. It has the X4 hull, 720 85hp engine, and the extended pump (only offered on a 95xp) the extended pump added 1 or 2 mph. The vts works very well with an extended pump. I wouldn't mess with the spi. The only two i would take is the 94xp and the 95xp. I would walk away from the deal without the 95xp included.
    I think the owner know what he have but let me try work with the owner to see if he willing to let the 95 xp instead of spi. Wish me a luck.

+1
    Done deal now I get both xp.

+1
    Most likely the money you put in to them will nickel and dime you to death . You will only sell them for less then a $1000 to $600 each when you get them fix up and that will be a good day. They look like they have had been ridden hard and put away wet. Good luck I had 2 95 xp and the first one has been very good to me.

+1
    Will find out once I see it in person. What it worried me is Houston is only couples of miles to ocean and if both been use in salt water without proper clean out I will walk out fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    Will find out once I see it in person. What it worried me is Houston is only couples of miles to ocean and if both been use in salt water without proper clean out I will walk out fast.
    I would take a compression gauge and a good battery, i wouldn't even make an offer unless the motor turns over. You could end up buying someone else's problems. I would also make sure the engine pto will turn by hand with the spark plugs out. I wouldn't buy anything that has a completely bad engine. Be carefull, and good luck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyne717xp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    I would take a compression gauge and a good battery, i wouldn't even make an offer unless the motor turns over. You could end up buying someone else's problems. I would also make sure the engine pto will turn by hand with the spark plugs out. I wouldn't buy anything that has a completely bad engine. Be carefull, and good luck.
    I am going to meet tomorrow and I will get all three. The one have bad engine lower part sized up with good top end that I know of and other runs but has low compression (did not say which one) and the yellow xp supposed to be runs and lake ready but need one more part then she will be good to go (did not say what need)

Runs or not I am going to pick all three up, I got all at very rock bottom cheap all three have title and the worst case scenario I can parted all three out and sell the hull at very good deal I am sure lots of people out there would love to get that hull to replace the one that have no title. (I seen several wanted ad looking to buy a old school xp hull with title) Plus a bonus I will helped hook lots of members up with extra parts so I am okay with that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information