Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: can't decide

can't decide

Want to get into this sport and can't decide which to get Kawasaki 300x or Yamaha fzr.

Currently own Yamaha turbo chareged snomobile and Kawasaki quad. I kno they are both great companies.

So do you know or think eather of this skies r getting updated for '14 if so I might wait and see what yamaha brings out there due for a change right?, but if not its really hard to decide. Like the looks off fzr, but 300x has more power and since I own turbo sled I know how much fun it is to have a lot of power at the tip of ur thumb.

I will not touch brp product with a 10" stick as off yet.

Thanks

+1
    Too bad cuz SeaDoo makes some great skis.....and the mods are endless

Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    All go as far as they are great while they run, atleast in snowmobile or atv world. Im not trying to bash here I just want reliability, and longetivity, because I keep my toy f or long time.

I might have spoke to soon if seadoo can offer than I might as well include a coparable seadoo to this 2?

+1
    What kind of riding. If its off shore or choppy water I recommend th ultra 300x. It's fast , reliable and u can push it to any limit u can. I ride ocean and bay and even in storms coming ip the east coast and its the best ski for me. Yamahas are nice tho. The sea doos have a wicked haul for flat water and the sea Doo guys I ride with have a lot work done some hitting almost 90mph. U won't get that with a heavier ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fxnytroxtx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    All go as far as they are great while they run, atleast in snowmobile or atv world. Im not trying to bash here I just want reliability, and longetivity, because I keep my toy f or long time.

I might have spoke to soon if seadoo can offer than I might as well include a coparable seadoo to this 2?
    new RXPX's are pretty cool if u ask me! At the end of the day its all on u to take care of your boat im pretty sure any choice u make has the potential of lasting you a long time.

All my riding will be fresh water in N.Y. finger lakes and lake Ontario, the water conditions vary here.

So is Yamaha going to update their line up for '14?

+1
    I would say to you check the posts about the problems with 300x and then do the same with FZ and this will help you make a decision.. I did that when I was looking at the 300x and the FX and for reliability, maintenance (25 hr service 300, 50 hr service Yami), regular unleaded compared to high octane prem for the 300x, I went for Yami.

If youre not going into chop too much, youre better off going FZ, you can do more mods to it and make it faster than the 300x. 300 is maxed I believe.

Good luck with your pick. All skis are good these days, however i agree with you, I wouldnt touch seadoo.

+1
    No one, and I mean no one will know what any manufacturer will do till later this year.....The product releases are done in late august or early september.....If someone says that their dealer told them of something coming, dont believe them because they get their info from the regional sales reps for the factory and those guys dont know anything.....And I really like my BRP guy but he doesnt know, my yamaha rep is as personable as a door knob......

Well im gonna wait and see because I checked out Kawasaki thread with ultra 300x under 100 hrs and already needs a top end rebuilt kinda scary. So it's gonna be yammie for me just gonna have to wait it out and see what's coming, and if not the '13 will be easier to get.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    You should have a good read of those 300x threads and work out what happened. It's rustry valves or unknown fuel quality that's the cause. Maintained properly they are VERY reliable.

If you plan to mod the ski, and are cool with the risks associated with it, go a Yamaha or Seadoo. Both will fail with the extra power, but they will be faster on the flat water while they are working.

The top of the performance tree, STOCK, at the moment is the 300x (then it's the RXP-X, while Yami is last)

I've got more than 140 hours of trouble free riding on my 300x. Also, even Fokie will tell you, the 300x has faster acceleration and faster (delimited) top speed than any other stock ski (faster than some mildly modded Yami's too).

The FZ hull is old and needs a refresh. You HAVE to mod the FZ to make it go. The FX is the same. Just not enough power. Yami need to get rid of the crappy SC and Jet Pump, get some more horsepower and finally get something stock so they can compete.

There are a lot of guys here that love the FZ. They have had it for a long time and modded them. It's a known platform with a good following.

If you are buying new and plan to keep it stock it's the 300x. That might change in 2014, but right now it's simple..

Go Green or Go Home.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information