Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Went out and nearly sunk

Yesterday was the first time I really had a chance to get my ski out.. Let alone in 45 degree water (but that's another story)

Ran fine for 15 minutes it was nice and powerful and then I changed from the learning key to the regular key.. Drove for a minute and then gave it a little gas.. Got up to 40 and then it just died in the water.. Tried starting it and nothing... I felt like I was leaning towards the left side a little bit so I picked up the seat and this bad boy was FILLED with water... Like up past the battery.. I had to emergency tow it to some random island in the middle of no where and try to figure out what was wrong.. After calling the dealer that sold it to me as let out some frustration he told me what ever I do get it to him and he'll take care of my sea tow bill and the damages.. I tilt it about 90 degrees to get the water out of it and as soon as I put the ski back down.. It started filling immediately.. Somehow I towed it behind my buddy's fx ho to a random spot on a barrier island and proceeded to wait there in the freezing cold an hour an a half until my buddy drove his ski back to the dock got my truck and came and got me... Once I took the ski out of the water, water was pouring out of it by the jet pump and ride plate..

I'm thinking of carbon seal?? But regardless the ski is going to the dealer today and I'm either getting my money back for this or they're going to fix it.. More then likely they won't give me the money back without a fight so I think they'll fix it (it falls in their 30 day warrantee)

Can you guys tell me if there is anything I need to tell them about what I want done to it so they dont pull a fast one on me and 3,4,5 months down the road I don't have a problem because it nearly sunk yesterday

I'm no where near an expert in these things so any help is good help haha.. Thanks guys

Banned User
    +1
    That's blows. Get your money back and buy a new ski

+1
    I think getting my money back is a little out of the question although I wish it was a reality I don't really feel comfortable on it now, unless I threaten them with taking them to court and all this other crap which is probably ... Nothing more then a waste of time and most likely more money..because they'll probably offer just to fix it for free..

+1
    if you like the ski, let them fix whatever is wrong with it and ride it! you'll get confidence back in it after it's fixed and you're out on it a few times.

+1
    If it was salt water you need to fill it up with hot water and dawn and slosh that crap back and forth, drain it, dry it then coat everything in protectant

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
    I think getting my money back is a little out of the question although I wish it was a reality I don't really feel comfortable on it now, unless I threaten them with taking them to court and all this other crap which is probably ... Nothing more then a waste of time and most likely more money..because they'll probably offer just to fix it for free..
    Tell them to water test it before they give it back to you! You have to be there with them and verify that everything is good to go!

7. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Electronics and water doesn't mix. Won't show it's head until usually down the road later. I have seen it plenty of times.

+1
    What ski is it?

Could be steering cable nut....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    If it was salt water you need to fill it up with hot water and dawn and slosh that crap back and forth, drain it, dry it then coat everything in protectant
    I can't fill it up .. The water will just pour right out of it.. The best I could possibly do would be spray it with the garden hose which is cold water and then wd40 the crap out of everything..

It's an 06 gtx ltd

+1
    Is this a new ski, or an older ski that you had at the dealership for maintenence & winterization?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information